LOCKONS7RA7US

Reaction score
City, State
Everett washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 , eddie bauer
Callsign
Taco Run
Hey all , was doing research and though that id give it a try for gains . But everywhere i go places either dont have anything or the company is no long around . I have a 1992 explorer EB and was curious if you can point me in the direction of where to go and which ones to buy n try .. withwr bigger mass intake tubes or bigger mass airflow sensor..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know of any being made today. In the past Granatelli made a larger diameter tube and a custom MAF for our trucks, which is what I'm running. I also have heard of people using 5.0 Stang MAF housings (from the MAF 89-93 models).

Save your $. Not worth it if you actually find anything. Save that $ into the fix it fund,... because it WILL need it.
You can throw a cone filter on the end of the MAS with a 3" MAS adapter for about $30. A bigger MAS isn't going to do anything unless you can tune it or in the case of the Granatelli, already be set for the Explorer. The BBK 66mm TB isn't made any longer either...That actually is useful if you can find one. Much better throttle response.

Good to know thanks already have a bbk 66mm tb and a comp cam guess ill save thw moce and put it towards something else .

I don't know of any being made today. In the past Granatelli made a larger diameter tube and a custom MAF for our trucks, which is what I'm running. I also have heard of people using 5.0 Stang MAF housings (from the MAF 89-93 models).
Do you know the part number of the Granatelli tube

Do you know the part number of the Granatelli tube

I don't know the part# sorry. You might be able to contact Granatelli Motorsports about it, even though it's a discontinued item. I'll look at the MAF housing next time I'm in there, but I don't remember seeing anything. They did write the calibration on the MAF sensor itself, but that may not mean anything to anyone but Granatelli and Apten.

Jason94 is right though, the MAF tube is not a restriction on these engines. The heads are.

the heads under the valve in the bowl are is extremely restrictive a little work with a grinder and carbide bit and cartridge rolls will solve this. I also think a new bigger maf and throttle body with the porting should help considerably.
roscoe

Bigger maf would it be easier if i just snagged a 5.0 mustang maf from that year . Read others threads thats the go to. I already ordered heads from kings cylinders heads.Com heads are swaped when they get here comp cam and bbk 66mm throttle body already on sounds like thats that should all make sufficient power increases

Back