3rd gen pic's | Page 280 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

why does everyone remove the factory cold air intake and turn it into a hot air intake with a filter that is no where near as good as a paper element ??? These engines do not breathe enough (especially with factory exhaust!) to be restricted by a paper element filter.....

:confused2::dunno::banghead:

The K&N CAI for our Explorers comes with a heat shield that, when the hood is closed, actually seals it off from the engine bay. It was the first upgrade I did when I got my Explorer and I’ve had zero issues with it. Volant used to make a sealed high flow system back in the day with a high flow filter and a larger diameter tube that I heard was fantastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine doesn't seal off that well, but it's only an issue when I'm stopped. I pull ambient temp + 5 degrees or so when I'm moving.

Mine doesn't seal off that well, but it's only an issue when I'm stopped. I pull ambient temp + 5 degrees or so when I'm moving.

Mine seals so fantastically that the entire top of the seal is red from paint rubbing off of my hood.

3rd gen pics?

Fine. There.

image.jpeg

I had the LED bulbs that plug in directly but because they're so short, they throw all the light down the door. The circuit boards aren't much better.

@hoffa06 There is something about those pic's that makes your truck look like a model photoshopped onto a background.

@hoffa06 There is something about those pic's that makes your truck look like a model photoshopped onto a background.
LOL, especially the second picture.

I’m pretty sure it’s a real truck, but there is some kind of enhancement going on .....

Still looking good at 193,000 miles. Just replaced the headlight assemblies, phlips crystal vision bulbs, added a bug shield, 265/75 16 Cooper AT3s, and a flowmaster delta 50.

20180917_183023-1.jpg

Figured I should update since it has been 5 months since these happened but. Lifted it, got rid of the light bar (on my buddies jeep now) and got new rims + tires.

71169648-BDD9-4266-B357-392CD8F46A7C.jpeg

D45C7629-36E3-4C4C-AB01-A6A42C41FD15.jpeg

EFFCAB68-338A-472C-B0E2-3ADDF32FBD60.jpeg

F9AD6F22-AB3B-4F67-A952-DAC4EB8BAE9F.jpeg

i should update mine i suppose....
265/70/17s. lincoln aviator wheels. inch and a half spacers
20180904_191802.jpg

20180921_193808.jpg

20180826_120252.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love the roof lights you have Dom, and the hidden light bar you have Drake. Might have to borrow some of yalls ideas.

Back