just found out you can install 09/10 nav in 06-07 explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just found out you can install 09/10 nav in 06-07 explorers

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
hey i just found out you can install this style nav http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...90476964207&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 in a 06 explorer you just need those 2 wires in the back and the amp, for me i have to order the amp from ford since it didnt comes with mines but everything is working, i think ford technician will be shock when i bring the radio for programing... works perfectly except for sirius cause we live out in hawaii but i love it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is really cool, can you post a how-to on this? Including what needs to be done with the wires and the part # for the amp?

Thanks!

well you just need the 2 wirings in the back, and if you dont have the amp, you will need to order that as well from ford so sound works properly

well you just need the 2 wirings in the back, and if you dont have the amp, you will need to order that as well from ford so sound works properly
Could you clarify what 2 wires in back? I am looking to install an '10 NAV unit in my '07.

Could you clarify what 2 wires in back? I am looking to install an '10 NAV unit in my '07.
I’d like to put the 2010 nav in my 2010. I am also curious.

Back