Looking for DE8T-14D544-AG zip for Sync 4.6 (2010 Limited) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for DE8T-14D544-AG zip for Sync 4.6 (2010 Limited)

nighthawk0067

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Limited V8 Slate
Hi all,

I just purchased a used 2010 Ford Explorer Limited and have made several attempts to update SYNC from 3.01 to 4.6 it via Ford's owner website, however, the process requires an email confirmation which then sends you back to the update site but the "Start Download" button does not activate. I've tried 6 browsers on two computers, both Mac and Windows to no avail. After talking with Ford's IVT chat support team, there is an "outage" preventing the download from working. I personally am a software systems developer and have experience with Embedded systems like SYNC and am capable of installing an update myself so I won't be going to a dealer to pay $180 for it. Does anyone have a zip file for the DE8T-14D544-AG update so that I could install it myself? I really don't want to have to use owner.ford.com much anymore.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do, do you have a file share site I can use? It is 110MB

I'd like a link to the file also! I have been having the same issues downloading it as nighthawk. I even ran a vehicle health report like it asked first. I keep getting emails telling me my SYNC 3 update is ready..... but my 2010 definetly does not have SYNC 3. the whole ford support site and experience downloading sync updates is terribly executed in my opinion....

DE8T-14D544-AD

Let me know if you have any problems and it defaults expiring in 7 days.

Put all the files onto a usb drive as structured on the shared drive without the DE8T-14D544-AD folder and the MySync will pick it up autoinstall file when inserted into the trucks usb slot.

thanks! and just to confirm, you installed this update on your 2010? And you have the non-nav radio? I have read a lot of issues with v4.6 on the F150 forums, is v4.6 working well for you?

I installed it in my 2010 Limited V8 with full NAV/Radio/Sat and installed fine and has been working perfect since July. I love the 4.6 3V - fast and pulls my boat and snowmobiles with ease and has 3 rows of seats for the family.

hmm, I don't have the Nav radio, just the standard radio with Sync... thinking I will hold off on installing it. thanks for sharing the file though!

Go online to Ford and it will tell you exactly which file version you will need.

After calling Ford a few days ago, they said they were experiencing an outage and that I should check back in 24 hours. 4 days later and the site still isn't working.

@Dag06XLT I have the full nav system as well, and it is recommending I download the DE8T-14D544-AG file instead of -AD like the one you sent. I will attempt to install mine with your file anyway, I don't think it's a compatibility issue, just a slightly different version, IIRC, 14D544 is the hardware ID number.

I attempted to install it, however after saying "Installation complete" and the prompt dismissing itself from the screen, the FPN version still reads AR3T-14D544-AD as the version, not DE8T, and it isn't any different from the previous.

I do, do you have a file share site I can use? It is 110MB
Hi... I am also looking for file DE8T-14D544-AG ..... if some has the file could they upload please.....had file but lost now can only get from dealer and cost

These updates are typically available at https://owner.ford.com. But for some reason the site doesn't seem to be working. I just tried to do a password reset, and it didn't send me a reset email. Anyone else experiencing problems with the Ford Owner web site?

Hi... I am also looking for file DE8T-14D544-AG ..... if some has the file could they upload please.....had file but lost now can only get from dealer and cost
I don't have a file share ... is it possible to just upload a file or send as email with file attachment

Can't email, it's 110mb. The link I sent you should work.

These updates are typically available at https://owner.ford.com. But for some reason the site doesn't seem to be working. I just tried to do a password reset, and it didn't send me a reset email. Anyone else experiencing problems with the Ford Owner web site?
That website wasn’t working a couple months ago like that either. Ford is eating glue and paint chips again...

That website wasn’t working a couple months ago like that either. Ford is eating glue and paint chips again...

I called Ford's customer service line this morning, and they were able to reset my password. I'm now able to log into my Ford Owner account.

I called Ford's customer service line this morning, and they were able to reset my password. I'm now able to log into my Ford Owner account.
Interesting. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't email, it's 110mb. The link I sent you should work.

Could I please have this link as well. I've been trying to get this for over a week. My Ford site is horrible and won't let me download it.

Back