No foglights, marker lights, taillights or cluster lights.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No foglights, marker lights, taillights or cluster lights....

Glad you got it fixed. That is odd that the fuse disappeared.

Does the vehicle not have the Autolamp feature (including the rearview mirror with slider for timed adjustment)? The lights could be run straight from the switch without that feature. It is what needs a relay involved.

I don't recall but possibly the anti-theft system flashes the lights too, if so then it also needs the relay. Do you have a remote keyfob with the red button that sets the alarm off? Heh, it's a bit late at night here for me to "accidentally" set mine off to see if the lights flash.

I haven't used that feature in years, think the last time was when I bent over funny and something in my pocket pressed up against the red button and I just happened to be close enough to the vehicle to activate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you got it fixed. That is odd that the fuse disappeared.

Does the vehicle not have the Autolamp feature (including the rearview mirror with slider for timed adjustment)? The lights could be run straight from the switch without that feature. It is what needs a relay involved.

I don't recall but possibly the anti-theft system flashes the lights too, if so then it also needs the relay. Do you have a remote keyfob with the red button that sets the alarm off? Heh, it's a bit late at night here for me to "accidentally" set mine off to see if the lights flash.

I haven't used that feature in years, think the last time was when I bent over funny and something in my pocket pressed up against the red button and I just happened to be close enough to the vehicle to activate it.

No Autolamp feature...just a plain old mirror. Can't recall if the FOB has a panic feature...it's out in the garage with the truck right now. The lights do flash when you unlock the doors or reconnect the battery though, I know that. They would also flash as such before I put the new fuse in the panel. This has been a strange one to say the least...lost a few hours sleep for sure.

...and here's one more for you. The same manual that provided me with the correct I/P fuse panel diagram, also provided this main distribution box schematic:
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.01.35 PM.png

Only my main distribution box looks like this one:

Dist Box diagram.gif

Notice the discrepancy at the relay #48 position...the manual indicates only one relay there. But as in the diagram directly above, I have two relays in that position(s) - 48A and 48B. It would seem that my Sport differs from the published literature in more than just one instance. I wish I knew why...

Ok... así que estoy muy feliz de informar que finalmente resolví este misterio enloquecedor y restauré mis luces traseras, luces del tablero, luces de etiqueta y luces de estacionamiento. La solución real no era lo que esperaba, y requirió mucha investigación. Como saben, he estado buscando el escurridizo relé de la luz de estacionamiento en mi 2001 Sport de 2 puertas. Logré ubicar otros 2 módulos de relé además de la caja de distribución principal. El pequeño debajo del filtro de aire tenía solo un relé y era uno cuadrado más grande, no el pequeño rectángulo que debería ser el relé de la luz de estacionamiento. Encontré otro arriba a la derecha del pie del conductor, como se sugirió. Esperaba que fuera una de las siguientes configuraciones...

View attachment 156670

o esto...

View attachment 156668

Pero el de mi camioneta no era ninguno de estos. El mio se parece a esto...

View attachment 156671

Que por supuesto, es en realidad esto...
View attachment 156673

Así que decidí que todavía me faltaba al menos un relé de módulo más. Sin embargo, aparte de destrozar todo mi camión, no pude encontrar otro. Inmensamente frustrado, decidí asegurarme de que al menos estaba trabajando con el diagrama del panel de fusibles I/P correcto. Comparé el que estaba usando con el bloque de fusibles I/P real que tengo. Encontré algunas discrepancias, así que busqué otras para comparar. Finalmente encontré uno para un Sport 2001 real, no para un Sport Trac o cualquier otro similar de la misma generación. El original me había indicado que el fusible #5 (15 amp) estaba "no usado". Ese espacio en mi bloque de fusibles estaba, de hecho, vacío. El último diagrama que encontré indicaba que el fusible n.º 5 era para las "Lámparas de estacionamiento". Así que puse un nuevo fusible de 15 amperios allí y ¿adivinen qué? Sí, todas las luces funcionaron.

Probablemente estés pensando que este tipo es un idiota. Bueno, tal vez, pero juraría en un tribunal de justicia que estaba sentado en el camión con el motor en marcha cuando fallaron las luces. Sé que lo estaba, porque salía de noche a apuntar los faros. Entonces, si solo fue un fusible defectuoso, ¿a dónde fue? ¿Por qué el espacio en el bloque estaba vacío? Todavía estoy perdido en eso...

Saqué todos los fusibles Maxi para probarlos y luego los reinstalé. Tal vez eso sacudió algo, no lo sé. Créame, estoy encantado de que se haya resuelto el problema, pero al final no estoy 100% seguro de cuál fue realmente la solución. Una cosa más, nunca encontré el maldito relé de la luz de estacionamiento. No está en la caja principal, ni debajo del filtro de aire, ni en el espacio para los pies ni en los paneles traseros de la carrocería a ambos lados. Si alguien más lee esto algún día y sabe dónde está realmente en mi Explorer Sport 2001, me encantaría saber de usted.
Saludos, tengo un problema similar con los faros antiniebla. No sé dónde está el relé, no los fusibles. Si tienes alguna idea, te lo agradecería.

Just a general note. That flash of light when you reconnect the terminal, indicates a bad connection from my own experience). You can only measure voltage. I regularly uses resistance for circuit testing. With resistance everything will check unless its a break. When check with or for voltage its stresses the connection. Pull that relay and manual apply voltage and check for voltage at each connection point, but check and clean ground G105 first, its the common denotation.

Saludos, tengo un problema similar con los faros antiniebla. No sé dónde está el relé, no los fusibles. Si tienes alguna idea, te lo agradecería.

Back