SYNC 3 latest version | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

I was previously an early adopter to the "unofficial" version 3 build number 17276 found on another forum. After attempting to update to the OFFICIAL version 3, I would get a message that I already had the current release. I then downgraded to version 2.2 and completed a master reset. Once confirmed that 2.2 was running fine, I performed the OFFICIAL version 3 update and successfully installed SPECIFICALLY FOLLOWING the directions from the Ford Owner site. The final outcome is version 3.0, Build 18025. All updates were perfomed using the center console USB jack. Don't forget to log back in to the ford owner site and update it with the .xml file from the USB stick you used. That will update your owner portal with official version info.

So far, I've noticed much better bluetooth connectivity to my Iphone X which was becoming very unreliable on the 17276 build. That in itself makes the exercise worthwhile.

Hope this helps!

(here is where I found the v2.2 for the downgrade: NAV Sync 2.2 update-download site - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.........Don't forget to log back in to the ford owner site and update it with the .xml file from the USB stick you used. That will update your owner portal with official version info.
I tried that several times after updating to V2.3 and each attempt was unsuccessful. Gave up and after a few days I noticed my account was updated with the successful update. It had have done it through the WiFi connection sometime while parked in the garage.

Peter

I tried that several times after updating to V2.3 and each attempt was unsuccessful. Gave up and after a few days I noticed my account was updated with the successful update. It had have done it through the WiFi connection sometime while parked in the garage.

Peter

Apparently, the way you tell if you have had a successful over the air WiFi download is by displaying the WiFi symbol in the top right corner with an arrow facing down through it.

I was previously an early adopter to the "unofficial" version 3 build number 17276 found on another forum. After attempting to update to the OFFICIAL version 3, I would get a message that I already had the current release. I then downgraded to version 2.2 and completed a master reset. Once confirmed that 2.2 was running fine, I performed the OFFICIAL version 3 update and successfully installed SPECIFICALLY FOLLOWING the directions from the Ford Owner site. The final outcome is version 3.0, Build 18025. All updates were perfomed using the center console USB jack. Don't forget to log back in to the ford owner site and update it with the .xml file from the USB stick you used. That will update your owner portal with official version info.

So far, I've noticed much better bluetooth connectivity to my Iphone X which was becoming very unreliable on the 17276 build. That in itself makes the exercise worthwhile.

Hope this helps!

(here is where I found the v2.2 for the downgrade: NAV Sync 2.2 update-download site - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums)

I downloaded v2.2 to a 64GB ExFat USB drive, unzipped the 4 files but the SYNC 3 v3.0 wont recognize the files as a new download. SYNC3 just says "USB Indexed"

File type on the USB for the 4 files is GZ.archive

Try a master reset first....

Try a master reset first....

Formatted the USB and started again.......your process worked properly this time. Did both Explorer and Focus with the downgrade to v2.2 and then upgrade to v3.0 ....thanks.

Great news Sgt411! I’ll be interested to hear what improvements you find.

Great news Sgt411! I’ll be interested to hear what improvements you find.
I had similar issues you had with iPhone, spotty phone connectivity, the call would display for 1-2 rings on iPhone8 before SYNC3 displayed anything to enable handsfree answer. Also initiated SYNC3 call several times and upon call connectivity, the audio was all garbled. I'm hoping both of those are now gone.

Updated to V3.0 via USB this morning. Used my old Windows Vista laptop for download to USB. Successfully installed into vehicle. Returned to laptop & reported install to Ford.

Changes? Screen does show 3.0 installed. I'm an Android user, & it worked perfectly before, so I'm hopeful it will still work the same next outing.

Updated to SYNC3 via USB this morning. Used my old Windows Vista laptop for download to USB. Successfully installed into vehicle. Returned to laptop & reported install to Ford.

Changes? Screen does show 3.0 installed. I'm an Android user, & it worked perfectly before, so I'm hopeful it will still work the same next outing.
I believe you meant you update to V3.0, not SYNC3.:) Good to hear everything went well. Going to give mine a try tonight as I have 25 minute drive to make.

Peter

Yep, that's what I meant to say, and edited same. Sharp eye you have there!!!

Noticeable improvement of BT connection between phone and SYNC3, faster phone sync, faster call connection, better audio quality.

........... Going to give mine a try tonight as I have 25 minute drive to make.

Peter
Updated to V3.0 successfully last night. Update took 16 minutes. Reported it successfully as well but my account still shows V2.3 as my latest. Will check it again later. First thing I noticed was that there is now the ability to turn ON/OFF the heated steering wheel from the 'Home' screen.

Peter

Peter, I already had that option prior to this update. I was out on errands this morning but unlike you northern folks, it wasn't cold enough here in PC to use any type of heat in vehicle. Am I sad about that? Not!

Peter, I already had that option prior to this update. I was out on errands this morning but unlike you northern folks, it wasn't cold enough here in PC to use any type of heat in vehicle. Am I sad about that? Not!
Interesting. You say you had that ability on the Home screen with V2.3? The only thing I had was the heated steering wheel picture noting it was ON. To actually turn it ON/OFF I had to go to the Climate screen. BTW, it's a balmy 42 degrees F here now. Digging through the closet to find my shorts.:D

Peter

Does anyone else get the following message every time they start the car?

"SYNC can check for updates when connected to a Wi-Fi network."

It then gives the options to view networks or close. I went into the settings and turned off Wi-Fi but the message still comes up.
I had that message come up once after the update and after I closed it, never saw it again.:dunno:

Peter

Peter, right again. Heated steering wheel was visible but to turn it off did require going to climate screen.

I had that message come up once after the update and after I closed it, never saw it again.:dunno:

Peter

I'm not sure what is going on, I get it every time I start up.

I have verified that wifi is disabled in settings...the only thing I have yet to do is actually connect it to a network but I'll try that this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hope this helps!

Any secrets to the downgrade, I've tried 2 separate USB's formatted in Fat32 and then exFat can't get anything other than indexing USB. This is on my Focus, SGT1411 didn't mention you were able to do it on yours?

Back