My Explorer build. | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a quick thought; Euro cars (BMW especially) use colored Brake fluid that comes in green and blue.

Pentosin and CHF brands

This Motive brake bleeder is awesome. Great for single man operation. I had one before let it go, wish I still had it...affordable too.

Blue.jpg

Pentosin.jpg

MotivePowerBleeder.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MXbVeUwr5gImTVe9KMCt1rZyXB7zDA7EaAqTJEALw_wcB

That top one is the ATE brake fluid I use the most. If it's still made in blue, I need some of that. I bought a case(8) of the clear over the Winter, about $75 I think it was.

I had read a couple of years ago that it was not approved any longer to sell here. I didn't read that there was a US requirement that brake fluid be clear or amber. That's funny, I discovered it the first time about two years after the ban, around 2015. I only got about two cans of it then, and used the last of it a couple years ago.

If I would have found that fluid at super deal and everything else was the same, I'd use it... but, the color of the fluid is one of many different indicators of it's condition and the condition of the system it operates in. Clear fluid does make sense.

Like in Worms case here, my assumption is the rig sat for quite a while in a warm climate which caused algae to grown in the reservoir which in turn turns the brake fluid green. But if it was green or blue to begin with how could you tell without a tester if it was bad or not? Could either have been changed yesterday or be the oem 20 year old fluid in there. On my keeper vehicles, I change all the fluids first thing so I know for a fact how long they have been in there. The piece of mind knowing is worth more than the fluid to me.

Ditto, I change the fluids when I buy a vehicle, and whenever I notice a change or think it's time. Keeping a log book is the only good way to know if you own more than one care, or have a perfect memory. I need the log books.

Yeah I gotta keep a Log Book also.Can't do it for memory. LOL. I have my daily Driver on a calendar reminder for the tire rotation.

I have a question for you all. I have been searching for Water Pumps and I found an electric Water Pump. Has anyone used this and is it worth the money to get one. The only thing I see good about it that it does not need the motor running to push water thru the engine and it would give you that little bit extra if any power back to the engine. Just wondering.

Thanks all

I could see it for racing use, but no rational justification on the street.

My concern is more draw on the battery. Apparently the m
It would definitely free up some horsepower in the higher rpm's though.

Member @willzilla has one on his truck. He had some issues purging it, but I think its working good for him now.

Yeah... I run a Meziere electric water pump (Meziere WP374 electric waterpump w/idler to be exact, which is the one for the 95 Mustang)... No real reason to, lol. Originally was thinking it was going to be thinner than the stock WP and I could fit in a mark viii electric fan... Nope. Not thinner, lol. Went with dual electric contour fans which fit nicely.

I have to vac fill the coolant system.. for whatever reason I just couldn't fill the coolant system with the regular method since installing the pump.

Quick clip of the WP after power off...

No problem! Reminds me I need to get back to working on my Xploder lol.

Just read entire thread .. good stuff!

I also replaced my radiator and much of my coolant system in general, lol.. also my ac system. Take a look at my thread for some details on all that if you get bored.. may help. I believe I linked to what parts I picked up and everything as well.

Yeah... I run a Meziere electric water pump (Meziere WP374 electric waterpump w/idler to be exact, which is the one for the 95 Mustang)... No real reason to, lol. Originally was thinking it was going to be thinner than the stock WP and I could fit in a mark viii electric fan... Nope. Not thinner, lol. Went with dual electric contour fans which fit nicely.
Do you have a picture of how you installed the contour fans? I've got a set floating in the basement and I keep delaying on the install because I don't have a clear concept for how to make it fit neatly.

OK I have a question will is the BW4406 transfer the only one I can get to put in my Explorer? I ask cause I have seen some from a Bronco and was wondering if those would work also.

Thank you

The bronco case most likely used 1350 joints with the output yolks, which you can run on the 8.8 with the right drive shaft. Front's are the unknown to me, either a 1310 or 1330, and with the 351, probably the 1330. The Bronco case also comes with a mechanical speedo VSS, which you can't use.

Best bet is to stick with the 4406, as it is the cheapest to do, and parts are readily available in salvage yards. If $$ is no matter, go with the atlas2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks @gmanpaint That is why I love this group so much . Tons of info. Also if I could wouldn't mind getting the Atlas but money is tight. I'll get her where I want her. Will just take a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back