Can somebody help me with these couple of problems?. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can somebody help me with these couple of problems?.

Josmer S

Reaction score
City, State
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLS
First of all I have a 3rd Gen 2003 Silver birch Ford Explorer XLS (According to VIN)
Hello and Goodmorning where you are, I'm new here and I would like to know if somebody can help me with these couple of problem I've been having these past couple of months.
-First this cable (Is under the passenger side dash, under the glovebox) is unattached and I dont know where it belongs and I don't know if it has any corelation to any of the next problems.

-The fuel gauge isn't working anymore (before it stayed stuck in the E it was saying that is was full when it wasn't) and the dash says "Fuel Computer Data Error".

Ahh and another is the keyfob isn't working, I have 2 and I put a new CR2032 battery in it and still isn't working, even when I go into programming mode, it makes no sound or anything.

20180426_083840.jpg

20180426_083808.jpg

20180426_082740.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't spot the connector that it plugs into?

There might not be anywhere for that plug to go. My Mounty has several plugs that go nowhere (4wd stuff not used since I have AWD). They typically share the same harness and plug in the options needed.

Are you trying to program the keyfob by the manual?

The gas gauge could be due to a few things, including a broken float on the fuel sender.

You can't spot the connector that it plugs into?
At the moment i do not know, may be like the comment below said, this explorer is the base model I think.

There might not be anywhere for that plug to go. My Mounty has several plugs that go nowhere (4wd stuff not used since I have AWD). They typically share the same harness and plug in the options needed.

The gas gauge could be due to a few things, including a broken float on the fuel sender.
hopelly it's that in the plug, also there is one under the hoodthat goes nowhere (to my knowledge) now I don't know if it is because of the GLP System.
I don't have the original manual sadly, I'm doing it the way I see online ( turn in and off the ignition 8 times, and it enters into programming mode but nothing else. ) and the gauge might be that, I've seen online a couple of answers similar to yours.

That's the other plug

20180426_110830.jpg

Doing it like in the video?

Doing it like in the video?

Wow Thanks mate thanks A LOT!! I was trying that same way but I always left the key on OFF instead of RUN.

There’s one down ;)

If you end up needing a replacement keyfob, I was able to find one over at keylessremotewarehouse.com a whole heck of a lot cheaper then the local Ford Dealership$$

Back