2014 Ford Ex Sport Back window blows out | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Ex Sport Back window blows out

........... For reference, the version of the manual I’m looking at has it at pp 153-154.
It would be helpful if you noted which model year Manual you are referencing. Page numbers for topics change annually and sometimes within the same year if an updated version is printed. The Climate Control section for the 2014 starts on page 145 of the 3rd printing.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be helpful if you noted which model year Manual you are referencing. Page numbers for topics change annually and sometimes within the same year if an updated version is printed. The Climate Control section for the 2014 starts on page 145 of the 3rd printing.

Peter

You’re absolutely correct. I absolutely forgot to include that it was the 2014 1st printing.

Probably should have gone through insurance. I know insurance varies a great deal depending on company/state, but in my experience glass claims don't increase your rates. But you'll probably have a deductible.

Probably should have gone through insurance. I know insurance varies a great deal depending on company/state, but in my experience glass claims don't increase your rates. But you'll probably have a deductible.

Yes looked into that as well.
My deductible is 500$ so wouldn't have worked out in my favor for this. At least it's on Ford's computer now tho

Ouch! Mine's $200 CDN and doesn't affect rates.

Ouch! Mine's $200 CDN and doesn't affect rates.

Yeah AAA is getting a little steep these days. Clean records for both me and my wife too .
Going to have to do some shopping.
But I get the discounted rate on my home insurance, that's the only reason i have them for auto .

Well at least you have choices. ICBC is a badly run governmental monopoly. Clean record... I pay $230/month -- but there is optional coverage called new vehicle replacement plus which pays MSRP of the latest model year (that's about $60/month of it). My wife is a lawyer that deals with car crashes and she's had a number of clients that have been deeply out of pocket when they crash their brand new car even if its not their fault. $60,000 car after taxes and fees crashed a week later might net you $40k without the appropriate coverage. Sorry, I digress.

Sucks that a window can spontaneous explode though.

Is that $230/month for car insurance? I pay $735/year with full replacement coverage which is required when leasing. Being retired helps and I'm part of a group (RCMP) which also provides a discount..

Peter

Yep. Insurance in BC is much higher compared to other provinces and especially the US. Although there's tons of options and thanks to my lawyer wife and many horror stories, I've got my coverage/liability fairly high, but I also have the maximum discount. My previous car was a 2007 Honda Civic and my insurance was 75% as much as the new Explorer (factoring out NVR). $735 CDN/year is a steal, even for American standards!

Also you are talking about Gap insurance which is definitely not as good or as expensive as NVR+

......Also you are talking about Gap insurance which is definitely not as good or as expensive as NVR+
Not 100% sure and I don't see anything specifically listed on the documents. All I know is that every time I lease, the insurance company is required to send the dealership confirmation that I'm covered for the replacement value of the vehicle.

Peter

I always carry a $0 comprehensive deductible. It is only a few dollars more a month.

Had the wind blow a grocery cart into my truck, tree branch scratch my truck during a wind storm and have had glass crack. All $0 and no increase in rates because it is comprehensive.

Back