• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

There should only be 4.
SyncMyRide
DONTINDX.MSA
autoinstall.lst
System Volume Information

Peter
Actually , yes you are right. I thought you were talking unzipped files out the SyncMyRide folder (there were 7 in there). I actually only get the first three files; the last one(System Volume Info)is not there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spotted this on a German Ford Mondeo forum, which in turn got it from a Russian forum. Apparently Sync 3 has an incremental release, version: SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18093_PRODUCT - is downloadable from Ford and the link below, but I've seen no other info so far on what it fixes. Here's the translated post:

Hello everybody,

there is a new app version:

Ford Link: ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz

Version number = SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18093_PRODUCT

Source: ffclub.ru/topic/418797/jump_1140/?pid=18765964#entry18765964​

Autoinstall would need to look like:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 3.0.18093
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall, Delay, Include​

Source: HowTo: Sync3 Endlich Kartenupdate F7 für alle - mondeo-mk5.de

Edit: Here's another post on the russian forum that has everything ready to put on an SD card on Google drive: Ford Sync 3 - мультимедиа и навигация (use Google Translate)

Try at your own risk (probably better to wait and see what people say about it first)

If it isn't available on the North American Ford website I wouldn't touch it. Something similar happened before and caused all kinds of issues.

Peter

Actually , yes you are right. I thought you were talking unzipped files out the SyncMyRide folder (there were 7 in there). I actually only get the first three files; the last one(System Volume Info)is not there.
*UPDATE*
So, this last attempt finally worked! Plugged in USB and nothing happened at first, which was a little surprising as previously there was an immediate alert of failure. After about 3 minutes, the "updating system software" came on screen. It ran for about twenty minutes and got the all clear to remove USB. After a restart, the updates were there.

Good luck to all who update!

Just upgraded my MFT on my MY14 to Sync3. It had one of the unofficial 3.0 installed on it. I upgraded it to 18025 and then upgraded it to 18093. Its working well, just need to figure out the APIM programming to fix my lack of climate controls and a couple of other issues.

Just upgraded my MFT on my MY14 to Sync3. It had one of the unofficial 3.0 installed on it. I upgraded it to 18025 and then upgraded it to 18093. Its working well, just need to figure out the APIM programming to fix my lack of climate controls and a couple of other issues.

When I upgraded my unit to Sync 3 I had to reset all my Forscan stuff to manufacturer base before all controls (such as climate) would work (followed by master reset if I recall). No idea why as my changes weren't that crazy, but that's the only thing that worked. Then I added my changes back in. It's been working ever since. Just worth trying if you've made modifications via Forscan.

When I upgraded my unit to Sync 3 I had to reset all my Forscan stuff to manufacturer base before all controls (such as climate) would work (followed by master reset if I recall). No idea why as my changes weren't that crazy, but that's the only thing that worked. Then I added my changes back in. It's been working ever since. Just worth trying if you've made modifications via Forscan.

I entered the default as built from a MY17 EX XLT since the APIM came from a non Explorer. The hardware swap was pretty easy, but the Forscan programming was a PITA since I forgot my laptop at work and the only other one I had on hand has a broken screen. Had to setup a monitor in the passenger seat connected to the laptop. I'll take another stab at the Forscan programming once I get my laptop from work. Was impatient and started changing a lot of settings all at once -- bad idea and not advisable. I'll probably start another thread to document my experience and to start troubleshooting my issues. Really want the climate controls back. The panel buttons work, but I don't know exactly what temps I'm setting. Also, my heated seats and read climate control is not existent at the moment.

If anyone has a MY14 XLT Ex that was upgraded to Sync 3, could you share your APIM settings?

Thanks for reading.

Where did you get the 18093 from?

Where did you get the 18093 from?
From the ford servers with a direct link that I got from the mustang forums. I’ll post it when next in front of my computer. Also search for sync 3 18093 should bring it up.

SYNC3 version 3.0 build 17194 is the latest and can be (unofficially) downloaded from NEW SYNC 3 v3.0 Build 18025 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

This is what it looks like when updating. It takes a while for the update to start but you can continue to use SYNC while updating. After the update, it will let you know that the new version will be available the next time you start your car.
IMG_6224.jpg
I've never seen mine update. I tried to do a manual update and it gave me an error of some kind. I have it connected to my home WiFi so that it always has a chance to update when it's parked out in front of the house. I even made my phone a hotspot and tried to update and still couldn't update. Mine is a 2018.

I don't believe WiFi updates are currently working. You have to go through the ford owner site and DL it and install via USB.

I don't believe WiFi updates are currently working. You have to go through the ford owner site and DL it and install via USB.
No way. What a hassle. Thanks for the tip. I think the last time I was on the site was when I had my Mustang. I haven't registered my new Explorer.

No way. What a hassle. Thanks for the tip. I think the last time I was on the site was when I had my Mustang. I haven't registered my new Explorer.
Welcome to the Forum Bob.:wave:
See also my post #357. You have no need to currently update what you have. The 2018 was released with the latest version, V3.0.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Bob.:wave:
See also my post #357. You have no need to currently update what you have. The 2018 was released with the latest version, V3.0.

Peter
Thanks. But haven't they fixed any small bugs in all this time? Usually anything with ".0" in it has bugs. ".1" or ".01" usually has bug fixed. Mine has issues every now and then. Sometimes Waze doesn't work properly and I have to unplug my phone and re-connect it to get it to work again. I love having two GPS's to pick from when using AndroidAuto.

Thanks. But haven't they fixed any small bugs in all this time? Usually anything with ".0" in it has bugs. ".1" or ".01" usually has bug fixed. Mine has issues every now and then. Sometimes Waze doesn't work properly and I have to unplug my phone and re-connect it to get it to work again. I love having two GPS's to pick from when using AndroidAuto.
To my knowledge, V3.0 is the latest version. There have been no other releases that I'm aware of. If there were, you can be sure it would be mentioned here first and it would be noted on your Sync account.

Peter

What's your build number for your v3.0? I believe the most recent is 18093

The latest official release is V3.0-18025.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what is 18093? You can get it from the ford server.

Back