03 lincoln aviator | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 lincoln aviator

are the vacuum lines still attached?
Yes its all there but the pipe..i used think a m22 oil drain plug to screw into it..they work perfect for egr or o2s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that plugs off exhaust pipe, what about egr valve- don't want it sucking air

The god damn passengers cams are backwards! !!!!WWWWWTTTTTTFFFF
Hard to see but YF3E6A272AB IS THE EXHAUST CAM..ITS IN THE INTAKE..

YL7E6A270AB IS THE INTAKE AND IN THE EXHAUST SIDE...
20180605_190729.jpg
20180605_190647.jpg
FB_IMG_1484672798494-1.jpg

To confirm ,the driverside are in correct spots..

Did not remove them as i want to see what this new shop will say or want to do

I also just want to say the deepest thanks to EVERYONE on here for the suggestions, positive support and help everyone has given. .i honestly would've given up 2 weeks ago without yall!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Glad you found the problem! But oh no!!!!

also, you can use the ground wire from #1 COP to trigger a timing light. Not one that relies on the high voltage discharge tho...

Glad you found the problem! But oh no!!!!

... ...

Ditto, it hurts but at least you know where the problem is. I hope the shop is respectful and helpful.

Just..... How?!?!
Idk but this is the 2nd time and from different shops..1st shop messed both heads up and now this shop messed up the passengers

and that was a nice chunk of cash you spent.....

Glad you found the issue and can hopefully get it fixed soon....

This sounds familiar to me, didn't you have a similar problem when the heads were first done and you found the cams were in the wrong places?

Yea yea..i even double checked but not by cast #..driverside i knew was right,could see both stamps..pass all i could see was his stamps and assumed he got one side right so other probably was right..what a mistake. .

They refunded me $400...

I already switched them and on home stretch now..should be running in next hour or so

Just glad you got it figured out.
May it fire right up!

Before I took my Aviator heads to the shop I recorded the camshaft part numbers and locations. It is a very professional shop. When I picked up the assembled heads I confirmed that the camshafts were in the original locations. I don't know if the DOHC V8 is an interference engine. If it is, and the first shop that worked on the heads assembled them incorrectly, there could have been valve damage. And you could have it now. However, I'd think the compression would be much worse if there is any valve damage.

Well it runs but the misery continues! It will not start on its own. The yellow with blue stripe wire going to the starter does not get power. If I jump that wire to power it will start..

ive pulled and checked EVERY fuse under hood and under the dash..also checked all the relay under the hood..

I hear a click under the dash when i turn key to start but cant tell where its coming from,it appears to be from fuse box or next to it..the ignition is telling something to click under the dash but not kicking the relay under the hood over...relay 56

Somewhere between the cjb and pin 85 is problem. ..fuse 29 is hot when key on cranking..pin 85 is not..fuse 9 is also hot and the reverse lights do work

Where is the dtr...
20180607_001436.jpg

(DTR) Its on the side of the transmission. It goes over the selector shaft.
Make sure the PATS light is going off, if it stays on or blinks after turning the key on the PATS system wont let the vehicle start.
Some PATS systems have starter disable which means the engine wont crank.

Fuse 29 (2.29) is in the central junction box (under the dash), not under the hood. It only has battery voltage when you are holding the ignition switch in the CRANK position.

When swapping PCM's you usually have to reprogram the keys each time.
Try disabling it in the tune again.

(DTR) Its on the side of the transmission. It goes over the selector shaft.
Make sure the PATS light is going off, if it stays on or blinks after turning the key on the PATS system wont let the vehicle start.
Some PATS systems have starter disable which means the engine wont crank.

Fuse 29 (2.29) is in the central junction box (under the dash), not under the hood. It only has battery voltage when you are holding the ignition switch in the CRANK position.

When swapping PCM's you usually have to reprogram the keys each time.
Try disabling it in the tune again.
I have the oe ecu back in it again after it wouldnt start..with a no pats tune..and yes i know fuse 29 is under dash and it does ONLY get power when cranking..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since it apparently cranked normally before you swapped the camshafts, this must be a new problem.
1. Check the PCM C175b connector at the firewall and the C134 connector next to the battery between and below the main battery terminals.
2. Try moving the shift selector to the neutral position to attempt start.
3. The starter motor relay is in the Battery Junction Box under the hood. It is located between the PCM relay and the blower motor relay. Remove the starter motor relay and measure the voltage at the female pin that corresponds to pin 30 marked on the relay. It should read battery voltage at all times. If the voltage is not present check Fuse F1.12 in the Battery Junction Box.
4. If battery voltage is present at pin 30 check for battery voltage at the female pin corresponding to pin 85 on the relay when ignition is in start position
5. If battery voltage is present at pin 85 then remove the blower motor relay and install in the starter motor relay position.

Back