What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 81 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

If you right click the icon and select " open image in new tab " it shows your picture. No problems for me.
Is the icon you refer to the black square with beside it? If so, I don't get the option to "open image in new tab" or anything similar.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the icon you refer to the black square with beside it? If so, I don't get the option to "open image in new tab" or anything similar.

Peter
I'm using Chrome and it has a little blue/green icon with right next to it and I right click icon and it will open up the image.

I'm using Chrome and it has a little blue/green icon with right next to it and I right click icon and it will open up the image.
Okay I got it. I used Chrome this time I got a different looking icon like you described and was able to get to the photo. Thanks.

Peter

Now you just need to get that chrome and the silver on the roof rack wrapped in black vinyl! :D Or painted. Have you done anything with the grill?

Haha, yeah, if there was anyone over here that did that kind of stuff I might consider it. I'll have to look into it :)

The grille is plastidipped, but I'm toying with the idea of switching to the black sports grille if I can find it for a decent price, as pressure washing the front is slowly eating up at the plastidip..

Haha, yeah, if there was anyone over here that did that kind of stuff I might consider it. I'll have to look into it :)

The grille is plastidipped, but I'm toying with the idea of switching to the black sports grille if I can find it for a decent price, as pressure washing the front is slowly eating up at the plastidip..

I guess it depends on what you consider 'decent'. They're over $600 here. I'm looking at going with the black PIU grill that's just like ours, but has black in place of the chrome. I can pull that off for a lot less.

I guess it depends on what you consider 'decent'. They're over $600 here. I'm looking at going with the black PIU grill that's just like ours, but has black in place of the chrome. I can pull that off for a lot less.

That sounds interesting, I don't think I've taken a closer look at that. I just looked on ebay but came up with little. Do you have a part number for that one?

Edit: Is it this one?

That sounds interesting, I don't think I've taken a closer look at that. I just looked on ebay but came up with little. Do you have a part number for that one?

Yes, along with (dead links)

I was just looking at this further, and now I'm not sure that it would be less expensive. There's a Sport grill on eBay for $589.

Our grill has a mounting panel, that it and the moldings snap into. I have not figured out how to remove the grill and moldings from the mounting panel without breaking anything, so a new mounting panel is required. Or a Dremel and a lot patience as you cut all of the tabs off.

The mounting panel is around $150, the moldings are another $150, and the grill is $350 or more. That Sport grill looks like it comes with the mounting panel already attached. If it does, then it's definitely less expensive. Even if it doesn't, and you choose to cut the tabs and reuse the mounting panel, it's a pretty minimal difference.

Yes, along with (dead links)

I was just looking at this further, and now I'm not sure that it would be less expensive. There's a Sport grill on eBay for $589.

Our grill has a mounting panel, that it and the moldings snap into. I have not figured out how to remove the grill and moldings from the mounting panel without breaking anything, so a new mounting panel is required. Or a Dremel and a lot patience as you cut all of the tabs off.

The mounting panel is around $150, the moldings are another $150, and the grill is $350 or more. That Sport grill looks like it comes with the mounting panel already attached. If it does, then it's definitely less expensive. Even if it doesn't, and you choose to cut the tabs and reuse the mounting panel, it's a pretty minimal difference.

That follows my line of thought as well, as when I had my grille off I couldn't even get the upper & lower moldings off. I figure it's easier to replace the entire thing with the mounting panel. Ah well, It'll have to sit on the TODO list for a while I think :)

Edit: Is it this one?
That grille is listed for $370.87 here; AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories
Also, the upper and lower moldings that Jon mentioned are cheaper on AutoNation. The pair would save you a whopping $2.69.:)
The 2013 Sport grille; Grille & Components for 2013 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

That grille is listed for $370.87 here; AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories
Also, the upper and lower moldings that Jon mentioned are cheaper on AutoNation. The pair would save you a whopping $2.69.:)
The 2013 Sport grille; Grille & Components for 2013 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

Thanks Peter. That part # is the one without the backing, so in the end it's probably hard to get a bargain on the whole set. Sometimes I think Ford runs a random number generator on certain parts ;)

Here's what i did today!

20180623_194503.jpg

Seem to be coming pretty popular now but finally installed my flag decals on my back side windows. I'm a big fan of the look personally. Also fully detailed my car and got some decent pics!
IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

So far...JDM led fog lamp bulbs, Sylvania led reverse bulbs, Black with dark grey Ford overlays on the emblems, Black Sport on tailgate, Black Ecobeast on tailgate, Sport redline rear center console, Redline gas struts for the hood, AEM drop in filter, JLT catch can (replaced the hoses with fuel grade).....the exhaust tips are currently being powder coated super mirror black

Installed new 3-light type fog lights that do DRL (ring), fog (yellow half), daylight (other half in white). Safe to say, I'm done with the front lights :-D (I can control all of them from a switch panel, including logo).

cADX4bF.jpg

Closeup:
PGDhINd.jpg
hi.. could you send the part details for illuminated ford logo and store where to find them?. am also interested on the location of the switches you have placed.

hi.. could you send the part details for illuminated ford logo and store where to find them?. am also interested on the location of the switches you have placed.

The logo is this one on Ebay.
The location of the panel can be seen in this post. The cable for it is routed through the firewall hole in the driver side floor up into the engine compartment. The panel is this one (newer model than mine).

Designed a new headlight bracket in Sketchup to fit into the existing headlight, but to hold the Koito LED headlights I bought for the retrofit. I'll make the 3D file available once I make sure it's accurate and I've trimmed some of the excess away. This would also be useful for anyone else wishing to do a mod for any other type of projectors in the 11-15 housing.

49ZR22n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting some new Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 295/45ZR20 shoes for my girl right now at Car-One Tire & Auto.

Bye bye Parada SpecX Tires. They were great tires on dry conditions and performed excellent through 2 blizzards, but I wasn’t feeling safe in the rain. Almost felt like I was hydro-plaining at times above 60 mph.

I’ve had GoodYears on my Tahoe LT that performed excellent on wet conditions before and these Continental tires are rated even better than those.

I’m going to keep the Parada SpecX just in case though or use them as “summer tires”.

ED613BF9-4CFC-4F09-BCFB-858DEEDB0FFA.jpeg

FDA2D31C-7274-449D-8A1C-597622210EB3.jpeg

Back