Best place to buy Rotors / Pads? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best place to buy Rotors / Pads?

270mjgarrett

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Guys, I am needing new rotors & pads for my 2011 Limited. I have never bought my own parts - where is the best place to buy online?

I am currently just looking for OEM replacement unless you guys have something else / better to suggest.

Thank you
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, I am needing new rotors & pads for my 2011 Limited. I have never bought my own parts - where is the best place to buy online?

I am currently just looking for OEM replacement unless you guys have something else / better to suggest.

Thank you
Matt
Do you have both a 2011 Limited and a 2012 as your profile shows?

Peter

The rotor CB5Z-1125-A is shown as being $15.32 more at RockAuto ($87.79).

Peter
Peter,

Often times these OEM part suppliers advertise lower prices while adding a handling charge. They almost always even out to rock auto pricing.

The best place to buy parts for any car is the place that can get them to you the soonest without breaking the bank. If that’s Rock Auto, so be it.

Peter,

Often times these OEM part suppliers advertise lower prices while adding a handling charge. They almost always even out to rock auto pricing.

The best place to buy parts for any car is the place that can get them to you the soonest without breaking the bank. If that’s Rock Auto, so be it.
The only thing they appear to charge is shipping. I went through the order process without actually ordering and there were no other charges shown at the Checkout stage.
I would think that where possible, it likely would be better to actually go to a store and pick up the parts. I never keep my vehicles long enough to require brake work but would probably go to the dealer to have any work done.

Peter

I didn't price everything out for this one, but I've found that where Rock Auto is higher on one thing, they'll be lower on others, and the total will be lower if you buy it all from them. If not, then it's still a good source for what is cheaper there, if you don't mind buying from multiple sources.

I didn't price everything out for this one, but I've found that where Rock Auto is higher on one thing, they'll be lower on others, and the total will be lower if you buy it all from them. If not, then it's still a good source for what is cheaper there, if you don't mind buying from multiple sources.
Just like grocery shopping Jon.:D

Just as long as you know your getting the right part it is OK to buy from rock auto. If you get a part that you dont need, just throw it in the trash as Rockauto is worthless on returns. I'm sour with them after a bad experience on trying to return a $62 part after spending over $10k in 1 year with them through my business.

I've put on every brand of brakes out there, the best chain store brand is the Duralast gold rotors and Duralast max pads from Autozone. I even had a customer lock a caliper up on one of their rotors till the rotor turned blue / purple. The amazing thing is it didn't warp at all!

Back