Can't start 96 Explorer - Only key fob broken | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't start 96 Explorer - Only key fob broken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to instructions from Stenasev I now have an immobiliser worry free motor.... :).
It starts just with the key, so no worries about the other keyfob keeling over or being too near a radio mast...both of which would leave me stranded, the former one permanently stranded !.

Many many thanks to Steve for taking the time and trouble to email me the instructions which worked a treat.

:salute:

Angus
Hi Angus, do you still have a copy of these instructions to bypass the Immobilser as we have the same problem with our explorer and are desperate to get it going again, regards Sharron
Could you possibly email me a copy to sharronnorton@aol.com

Thanks to instructions from Stenasev I now have an immobiliser worry free motor.... :).
It starts just with the key, so no worries about the other keyfob keeling over or being too near a radio mast...both of which would leave me stranded, the former one permanently stranded !.

Many many thanks to Steve for taking the time and trouble to email me the instructions which worked a treat.

:salute:

Angus
Hi Angus, do you still have the instructions Steve gave you on how to bypass the immobiliser ad I have the same problem with my ford explorer 97

If I recall the ignition wire is hot until it gets to the top of the fuel pump, which is where the immobiliser interrupts it (can't remember how exactly. relay perhaps?).

All I remember is in an emergency dropping the tank and bypassing the immobiliser on top of the pump/sender. It was pretty straightforward using a multimeter.

It's a bit vague but hope it helps :D

If I recall the ignition wire is hot until it gets to the top of the fuel pump, which is where the immobiliser interrupts it (can't remember how exactly. relay perhaps?).

All I remember is in an emergency dropping the tank and bypassing the immobiliser on top of the pump/sender. It was pretty straightforward using a multimeter.

It's a bit vague but hope it helps :D
Hi member, thank you for this information. I will give it to our mechanic to see if it helps
Regards Sharron

Is there any way if of doing this without dropping the fuel tank

I think I tried doing it with the tank in place but space is tight. It really didn't take long to drop the fuel tank. I did it in a very short evening in the driveway as I didn't fancy walking to work the next day!

Hi member, is there a way if you giving me instructions in how to do this as my husband could probably do this but needs more information. We've been told to join wires 4 and 5 together for the ignition bypass but not sure of how to do fuel pump really for bypass.

explorer single fob

hi there would you mind sending me instructions on how to bypass this please as my fob has dieed an i cant seem to get another one my email is gus.thebus'hotmail .co.uk or text me please my car has been sat on my drive way for two months now and its driving me nuts many thanks gus
Hi gus did you manage to get the instructions, if so do you still have them, could you email me a copy, sharronnorton@aol.com.
Regards
Fed up explorer owner :(

Not sure about the relay but I've just bypassed the immobiliser on my explorer its simple wiring but the hardest part is gaining access too it .
Hi Barry, how did you do this, I've left tons of messages with members, still need instructions as our car is stuck on the garden and we need to bypass the immobiliser as fob broken.
Could you email the instructions. sharronnorton@aol.com
Regards
Sharron

Not sure about the relay but I've just bypassed the immobiliser on my explorer its simple wiring but the hardest part is gaining access too it .
Hi Barry, how did you bypass the immobiliser, we've managed to do the ignition but not the fuel, do I need to drop the fuel tank to access the wiring

Hi Barry, how did you bypass the immobiliser, we've managed to do the ignition but not the fuel, do I need to drop the fuel tank to access the wiring
Would like to thank members for all you support, we now have an Immobilser free explorer, phew.

Would like to thank members for all you support, we now have an Immobilser free explorer, phew.
Could you send me (pm) the details about the bypassing steps? I have a some problem :(

Back