2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit

Also been told if you don't have sync that Bluetooth and USB aux will never work on any factory radio u put in, how they get you now from what I've been told by dealer and Ford p.i mods.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got my Tesla style Android Radio and it did not work out, out of all harness only one worked couldn't control anything but music so despite what they have advertised it will not work so don't waste your time, I guess we will just have to wait till metra or sonic makes an aftermarket kit for 16 since the harnesses are different from 11-15

Sorry to hear that, my is '14 so it my work on my we'll see, can you take some pictures of the different harness so I can see if it fits my, thanks

If you have a 14 there shouldn't be a problem all harness were that year was a cool radio wished it would have worked

Just got my Tesla style Android Radio and it did not work out, out of all harness only one worked couldn't control anything but music so despite what they have advertised it will not work so don't waste your time, I guess we will just have to wait till metra or sonic makes an aftermarket kit for 16 since the harnesses are different from 11-15
I have the Tesla style radio and everything is working

Jon m I know they have listed to 11-17 but believe me I have a 16 explorer pi and it did not work and took me 2 weeks to get my $ back will not work but if you need to find out for yourself go for it

Unless something has changed in the past few months I doubt he has a 16 or newer unless he hard wired it in himself if I had a chart for what every wire was I could've done that

Unless something has changed in the past few months I doubt he has a 16 or newer unless he hard wired it in himself if I had a chart for what every wire was I could've done that

I did not wire it myself.
support gave me a download to fix some issues.

Climate control is working front and rear.
Steering wheel control

If you would like anymore info please let me know.

So all three plugs from vehicle were used because on mine of the three plugs only one plugged into Tesla's harness, so I can't understand how a download will solve the problem of harnesses not plugging in but the base must be different from the police interceptor or you have sync on yours nothing worked but music with the one plug for me no control of anything else backup camera didn't work couldn't control air other plugs were big and vehicles were small, not to mention did you have any issues with passenger seat belt indicator since there is none on Tesla

So all three plugs from vehicle were used because on mine of the three plugs only one plugged into Tesla's harness, so I can't understand how a download will solve the problem of harnesses not plugging in but the base must be different from the police interceptor or you have sync on yours nothing worked but music with the one plug for me no control of anything else backup camera didn't work couldn't control air other plugs were big and vehicles were small, not to mention did you have any issues with passenger seat belt indicator since there is none on Tesla
I only used 1 plug i will take some pics I think they have a module that bypasses the other plugs.

Wow they must have changed something since February because they told me I was sol and to send it back which is what I did but yeah would like to see how u have it hooked up maybe I'll give it a try again but doubt it once I pay it off probably go buy a 15 police interceptor

Hi Karl I purchased a Tesla 12.1 for my 2017 Explorer a few days ago and am having issues with a few things. The backup camera doesn't show video, it triggers reverse but says no video, the temperature is stuck on 30 degrees Celsius, and I don't have the code to the advanced settings. If you can help since yours is working that would be great before I have to return mine. I did change the setting to aftermarket camera still doesn't work.

Hi Karl I purchased a Tesla 12.1 for my 2017 Explorer a few days ago and am having issues with a few things. The backup camera doesn't show video, it triggers reverse but says no video, the temperature is stuck on 30 degrees Celsius, and I don't have the code to the advanced settings. If you can help since yours is working that would be great before I have to return mine. I did change the setting to aftermarket camera still doesn't work.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Good luck with the project.

Peter.

Any update on this? I'm looking to buy one for my non-sync '16 PIU

I'm trying to get an answer from the company whether this thing supports the OEM reverse camera. I don't want to install an aftermarket one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any update on this? I'm looking to buy one for my non-sync '16 PIU

I'm trying to get an answer from the company whether this thing supports the OEM reverse camera. I don't want to install an aftermarket one.
Mine came with a adapter module but wasn't able to get mine to work as of now. Mine always says 30°C and never changes, there is a avanced settings code but the one provided doesn't work. The volume is at 10 when it's turned on no which is too loud, but I believe this is also in the advanced settings I can't access.

Back