Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

I have a 2012 Explorer XLT and the ESP I purchased is about to run out. Does he also sell an ESP that would extend an existing ESP or take over when the first ESP has expired?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He can depending on mileage.

Does he sell new ESP's to someone who just purchased a used 2013 XLT from a used car lot?

Does he sell new ESP's to someone who just purchased a used 2013 XLT from a used car lot?
I don't believe you can get a 'New Car' ESP for a used vehicle but I believe there is an ESP for 'used' vehicles. I'm sure blwnsmoke will respond soon.

Peter

Thanks. Have the opportunity to get I guess third party warranty through GWC but they want like $4200 over three years...outrageous!

I have purchased ESP Premium plans from Joel over the past several years for 4 vehicles. In each case he helped me choose the plan that best fit my vehicle and driving situation. I heartily recommend Joel to every Ford owner considering an extended warranty.

Does anyone know of a similar contact for GM vehicle warranties? One of my family members is looking for an extended warranty for a Buick, but they've gotten no response to this question on any of the Buick forums.

Can I get a PM with Joel's contact info? In the process of purchasing a 2018 Platinum and want to get the ESP. Thanks!

I would like this information as well. Please advise. Thanks.

Just bought a Sport and would be interested. Can I please get a PM? Thanks.

I know it's a personal choice but what plans are you purchasing ( length of plan and deductible) ??

I know it's a personal choice but what plans are you purchasing ( length of plan and deductible) ??
I guess that would depend upon how long you plan to keep your Explorer and how many miles you think you may drive during that time. I think it's safe to say that the longer you keep it and the more miles you put on it, the chances of something having to be replaced would increase. I lease my vehicles for a max of 4 years and get the 48 month LeaseCare warranty with 0 deductible though my dealer.

Peter

Can I get a PM please with Joel's contact info. Buying a platinum 2018 tomorrow

Can I get a PM please with Joel's contact info. Buying a platinum 2018 tomorrow
Welcome to the Forum Jordan.:wave:
As per post #1, PM blwnsmoke when you are ready to buy an ESP.

Peter

Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.

Hi, I would like to get the warranty. PM? (conversation) sent.
please check. thanks

Today being my first experience with the Ford ESP, I figured I'd post my thoughts (as most people may not be aware/remember this aspect).

I brought my MY17 (70K with 200K ESP plan) into the dealership for the regular service and to perform a TSB for an airbag light due to a wiring harness issue on the rear captains seat.
(verified with Code B141C on RCM). after checkin in and explaining the problem, there was a phrase used by the service advisor that triggered a warning "With the $100 deductible on the ESP". Immediately I told him to hold while I went to the parts department to check on the part ($38).. There was no way I was going to pay $100 for what I could do for $38 and 20 mins of my time to splice/solder a connector.

When I had my previous Nissan and an ESP there was no deductible, (I wasn't aware there was, as it may not have been obvious/clear that there was one when I bought the MY17).

So I have to say.. 0-1 for good experience with the ESP for Ford so far.

I have the standard $0 deductible on my LeaseCare ESP. On my contract I see that with the other ESP warranties you have options as to the amount of the deductible with $100 being the standard.

Peter

Today being my first experience with the Ford ESP, I figured I'd post my thoughts (as most people may not be aware/remember this aspect).

I brought my MY17 (70K with 200K ESP plan) into the dealership for the regular service and to perform a TSB for an airbag light due to a wiring harness issue on the rear captains seat.
(verified with Code B141C on RCM). after checkin in and explaining the problem, there was a phrase used by the service advisor that triggered a warning "With the $100 deductible on the ESP". Immediately I told him to hold while I went to the parts department to check on the part ($38).. There was no way I was going to pay $100 for what I could do for $38 and 20 mins of my time to splice/solder a connector.

When I had my previous Nissan and an ESP there was no deductible, (I wasn't aware there was, as it may not have been obvious/clear that there was one when I bought the MY17).

So I have to say.. 0-1 for good experience with the ESP for Ford so far.

Your experience undortunately is your fault. The contract clearly states what deductible you have with the $100 being standard. You can opt for a $200 to save a little money or choose a $50 or $0 deductible for an upcharge. The upcharge typically puts you ahead on your 3rd visit.

So 3 visits equals $150 in savings ($50 deductible instead of $100 x 3) and you would pay a little less then $150 for the increased cost of the plan etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First post on the forum, glad to be able to provide some personal experience. I have had WearCare on several leases in the past, usually cost me $500CDN. On the last turn in on my F150 is saved me about $3500 as I had been backed in to by another vehicle and never had the damage fixed through my insurance. Wear Care covered it and I was able to walk away without any extra charges.

Going to test drive a 2018 Sport tonight, might be back in the Ford family after a number of years away.

Back