• Register Today It's free!

Problem Vacuum hoses

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi I have some Problems with my 2001 Sport Trac 2wd.
Under the underhood I have some vacuum hoses the are not connected and still the mechanic dont know to where he have to connect it. I'm here in the dominican republic, that means here is not a ford service.
On the first 2 fotos is on the right side (driverside) of the motor a vacuume-line where we dont know to where that have to go and what is the function of that. This is the red circled vacuum hose.
On the second foto is still a green circeld vacuum hose that goes to the vacuum ball under the air-filter. Is like the entrance.

The second problem with a vacuum hose is on the left side with the air circulation system (Max A/C). The recirculation flap does not move, because there is an another vacuum hose what is not connected.
From the passenger-side goes 2 vacuum hoses into the engine compartment. One of that lines goes to the vacuum ball down the airfilter. The another line we dont know where we have to connect it. Third foto.

I hope someone can help us, maybe with pictures too. I'm not a mechanic.

Thanks in advanced.

20180924_105431.jpg
20180924_105503.jpg
20180924_105538.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First two photos that goes to pressure regulator on fuel rail.
Third photo looks like it goes to connection under blower motor, look in foot well inside passengers side to see where it goes.

Pic number three looks like the heater control valve

First two photos that goes to pressure regulator on fuel rail.
Third photo looks like it goes to connection under blower motor, look in foot well inside passengers side to see where it goes.
How are you haven't seen you in a. Bit m8

@david4451 @donalds
thanks for helping, when that goes normaly to the pressure regulator on fuel rail, how the part looks and where exactly I can found that. Can I connect that from upstairs or better from downstairs. I post some fotos more so you can see maybe more how it looks in my underhood.
On picture 1 all starts,
on picture 2 I give every line a number for a more easy describtion.

On left side with the A/C part where is only one line connected
picture 1 and picture 2 shows the the goes to the underhood
picture 3 shows the complete left side on the undrhood.
I think when you download the pictures is it more easy to read it bigger.

1.jpg

2.jpg

20180926_141331.jpg

20180926_141420.jpg

3.jpg

20180924_105538.jpg

Line 7 looks like it goes to the heater core valve on the front left of engine ...if your standing in front of truck ...
Follow the heater coolant hose down to the engine next to the water pump there is a vacuum controlled valve on the hose itself the gray line #7 will chuck up there

Line 7 looks like it goes to the heater core valve on the front left of engine ...if your standing in front of truck ...
Follow the heater coolant hose down to the engine next to the water pump there is a vacuum controlled valve on the hose itself the gray line #7 will chuck up there

Can I see from upstairs the valve? I was making more fotos but I cant see there a valve.
Sorry I'm not a mechanic, for that is it a little bit difficult for me to found things like that.

20180926_154019.jpg

20180926_154026.jpg

20180926_154041.jpg

20180926_154056.jpg

Look here
Your engine bay is very close to mine
Your heater control valve may be here

20180926_162356.jpg

20180926_162324.jpg

Click the picture to enlarge

Click the picture to enlarge

Thats crazy I dont have any valve there. I was following the hose and found nothing, look the pictures. I dont understand that.

20180926_164305.jpg

20180926_164350.jpg

20180926_164359.jpg

20180926_164515.jpg

Looks like someone removed it
Someone will chime in to correct me if I am wrong

Thank you so much, I will tell it my mechanic tomorrow. The part have to be there or I can connect it more up too? That makes some differences?

You have some solution too for the another hose on the right side that is not connected.

Not sure someone will be able to help for sure
Your engine bay is the next generation to mine
So I am not 100% on the configuration

Someone WILL help don't worry

Back