Company nailed for "Tuner" software - Emissions delete | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Company nailed for "Tuner" software - Emissions delete

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
In a civil settlement, Derive must pay a $300,000 penalty and spend $6.25 million to fix the products so they don't violate the law. Messages were left Monday seeking comment from Derive.

Government documents say Derive sold the software under the SCT and Bully Dog brands.

Company penalized for disabling vehicles' emissions controls

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder if this means no more SCT Tuners...

That would stink...

I wonder if this means no more SCT Tuners...

That would stink...

This is just dealing with emissions delete functions. The tuners do a lot more than that.

See. Deleting EGR is a bad idea.

The last sentence in the article is pretty vague. Stop selling software all together?

Just took a look at SCT website.

Small disclaimer about being illegal for sale on pollution controlled vehicles now and any mention of EGR delete has been dropped.

It's a sad deal. The emissions crap really hurts some of the newer diesels, not just performance, but reliability. I couldn't imagine being on a road trip and having my truck go into limp home mode where it could only do 5 to 35 mph because the system thinks it's out of DEF fluid when it's not. $50.000+ for an unreliable workhorse? No thanks. That's why I have been throwing a lot of money into our '03 Dodge as I hope it to be the last diesel truck we need.

Egr and rear o2 options will probably dissappear. Just as long as I can still get phaser delete tunes for 3v fords I won't cry too much. I won't be updating any of my SCT tuners in my vehicles that's for sure.

I've been offered well over blue book for my 2002 F250 and said heck no. It has clear coat pealing all over but just hit 155k miles the other day. They just don't make things like they used to.

It's a sad deal. The emissions crap really hurts some of the newer diesels, not just performance, but reliability. I couldn't imagine being on a road trip and having my truck go into limp home mode where it could only do 5 to 35 mph because the system thinks it's out of DEF fluid when it's not. $50.000+ for an unreliable workhorse? No thanks. That's why I have been throwing a lot of money into our '03 Dodge as I hope it to be the last diesel truck we need.

A tuner is not a fix for this though, but it is used for the fix.That is the problem. The high HP newer diesels with this system really pump out a lot of bad stuff when the system is not working.

Back