Ford Flex Springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Flex Springs

apsuard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Has anyone installed H&R Ford Flex springs on an Explorer Sport? I have H&R Explorer springs installed and rear is still really high.

If someone went with H&R flex can you measure front and rear fender to ground.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you use the 'Search' feature you will find a few threads regarding the Flex springs but unfortunately the members on the ones I checked no longer seem to be around.
Lowering the Explorer

Peter

Has anyone installed H&R Ford Flex springs on an Explorer Sport? I have H&R Explorer springs installed and rear is still really high.

If someone went with H&R flex can you measure front and rear fender to ground.

How high is really high? Post a pic.

They should settle though

The H&R dropped front about 1.25” and rear the same. The issue is that the rear is still about 1.25” higher than front. I like a little rake but H&R isn’t even enough. I will test the Flex this week or next.

Front is 31.25” fender to ground. Rear is 32.5” fender to ground. I would like to get the rear 0.75”-1” lower to balance it out

The vehicle is designed to have the rear slightly higher than the front. I believe that is normal for all or most SUV's and pickups. I believe that is because when you carry anything of weight back there it should level the vehicle. If the Explorer was level, then when you add weight to the rear it will raise the leadlight beam upward which would be really annoying at night. It would also take some weight off the front which could affect steering and braking.

Peter

Back