• Register Today It's free!

Lowering Springs on a PIU

Magnum609

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU TT
Anyone ever lowered a PIU? I think it rides a little high, and was just wondering if anyone has any advice or has lowered one. I don’t want it to affect the handling at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone ever lowered a PIU? I think it rides a little high, and was just wondering if anyone has any advice or has lowered one. I don’t want it to affect the handling at all.
Not sure if lowering a PIU would be any different than lowering a retail one. There are several threads on that in the 'Modified' forum.

Peter

Not sure if lowering a PIU would be any different than lowering a retail one. There are several threads on that in the 'Modified' forum.

Peter

Peter, for some reason I thought the PUI was lowered a little over the consumer model for better handling/performance....but I could be wrong. That’s why I was asking for people smarter than me! Lol

Peter, for some reason I thought the PUI was lowered a little over the consumer model for better handling/performance....but I could be wrong. That’s why I was asking for people smarter than me! Lol
I believe it is similar to the Sport which also sits slightly lower than the other trims. Good luck.

Peter

I talked with Livernois and their lowering springs will work fine on the PIU. I am planning on getting them soon with new Motorcraft struts and shocks.

Yes the lowering springs will fit on PIU the Platinum and the Sport. It will not work on any other model explorer. Now we have never done a police interceptor in shop but we sold them to a customer and he confirmed they fit but it must be a 3.5 ecoboost. Here is the link if you guys want to order they are 349$ plus shipping. You can also call me my name is Jake 313-561-5500 thank you
Livernois Motorsports

Back