Bank 2 sensor 1 pissing me off. HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bank 2 sensor 1 pissing me off. HELP

TexaSean

Reaction score
City, State
Round Rock, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT 4.6
2004 4.6 how do I get the damn sensor unplugged and off? It’s in a tight space, and the tab is on top which I think was an asshole thing to do by Ford. I can’t mash it, my 9 year old daughter can’t even get her hand in to push the tab. Do I just break that rubber mount? Or is there a way to get this thing off I’m not seeing. Doing this job now, will keep an eye on this comment to see if anyone gets back to me in the next hour or so, after that, I’m braking the damn thing off so I can disconnect the wires...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I find it easier to do this by removing the center console, which reveals an access panel. Once the panel is removed, you have plenty of room to work the connectors.

Looks like the panels are on the 3rd gens also. last picture in this how to post.

How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Center Console

On the bright side, you might find some lost stuff under there-

Never mind, I got it about 20 minutes after sending this. You gotta grab it real hard, pull down, or maybe it was push up, but you gotta snap a little chunk of plastic off, and then you can move the wire anyplace you want, still a P.I.T.A. But it’s doable.
If anyone needs any help doing this little job, just ask. I know how it’s done now.

I find it easier to do this by removing the center console, which reveals an access panel. Once the panel is removed, you have plenty of room to work the connectors.

Looks like the panels are on the 3rd gens also. last picture in this how to post.

How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Center Console

On the bright side, you might find some lost stuff under there-
m

Hmmmmm I don’t see how you are accessing the 02 sensor, on the passenger side CAT by removing that console, maybe I need to examine those photos a little better.

m

Hmmmmm I don’t see how you are accessing the 02 sensor, on the passenger side CAT by removing that console, maybe I need to examine those photos a little better.

Removable access panels are under the console.

Back