Speaker Specs For 2016 Base Model

stylegeejo

Reaction score
City, State
SALMIYA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, FORD EXPLORER BASE
Fellow Exploreans,

Planning to replace the stock speakers (Rear Door) + an sub woofer too need to know where can i get the specs of the current stock speakers on board so i can start ordering too

Also need suggestions and also share the upgrades the to get an good one running (love to have some thumps too)...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get all your stock stereo info and pretty accurate reviews at crutchfield.com

Are you only looking to replace the rear speakers, and sub?

Are you only looking to replace the rear speakers, and sub?
I believe he wants to add the sub. The Base model doesn't have one as far as I know.

Peter

Fellow Exploreans,

Planning to replace the stock speakers (Rear Door) + an sub woofer too need to know where can i get the specs of the current stock speakers on board so i can start ordering too
Also need suggestions and also share the upgrades the to get an good one running (love to have some thumps too)...

First things first..... determine your budget.
Just a thought; you might want to start by replacing the front speakers and just leaving the rear speakers for some "fill". To add a sub you will/should add a amp.

Here's a link to my up-grade
2016 Sport Audio up-grade (plus some)

So I'm in the same boat as you. I have a 2017 xlt non Sony. Been searching for a year now and the best I can come up with is JL makes a stealth sub box that mounts in the rear passenger side hatch. Looks very easy to install but is 600 just for box and sub. That's about as far as I can get lol. And they are the only ones I can find that have it.

How large is the sub? It’s not powered?

So I'm in the same boat as you. I have a 2017 xlt non Sony. Been searching for a year now and the best I can come up with is JL makes a stealth sub box that mounts in the rear passenger side hatch. Looks very easy to install but is 600 just for box and sub. That's about as far as I can get lol. And they are the only ones I can find that have it.
Found this thread with the 'Search' feature; JL Audio Stealthbox

Peter

Found this thread with the 'Search' feature; JL Audio Stealthbox

Peter
Unless I'm missing it in this thread it mainly talks about ex with a sub already in it. Mine is the non sony set up on a xlt with the Appearance package. No sub. Not sure where to go on installing it.

How large is the sub? It’s not powered?
It's a 10 inch I believe. No amp or nothing with their kit. Just a box that does fit perfectly in the cargo area on the passenger side where that panel is. Same spot the sony sub would go if I had it. And a 10 inch sub made for the box. I've seen mixed reviews on how much impact it actually makes.

Depends on people expectations. A single small cu ft sub box will add extension and fill. It’s not going to add a lot off bass. Unfortunelty, it’s your only off the shelf option for not losing any cargo area.

I’d be disappointed in its performance for $750+.

Yeah I thought so, I hoped someone knew of something else or just a box. As long as i can tell it's there and gives me a little more bass with some pop I'll be happy.

Unless I'm missing it in this thread it mainly talks about ex with a sub already in it. Mine is the non sony set up on a xlt with the Appearance package. No sub. Not sure where to go on installing it.
You should be able to install yours in the same place as the one with the Sony system. The pictures in the thread I linked should give you an idea of what that looks like.

Peter

You should be able to install yours in the same place as the one with the Sony system. The pictures in the thread I linked should give you an idea of what that looks like.

Peter
I think we are misunderstanding each other Haha. I was hoping someone had instructions on the rest on the install. How and where they hooked the amp into the audio line. Mine would not have a factory amp from what I understand so I need a way to install the audio lines. Also I dont want to effect any stock options the car has by doing so.

I think we are misunderstanding each other Haha. I was hoping someone had instructions on the rest on the install. How and where they hooked the amp into the audio line. Mine would not have a factory amp from what I understand so I need a way to install the audio lines. Also I dont want to effect any stock options the car has by doing so.
Gotch. I thought there was a thread on such an install but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'll check again.
I think someone did install a sub in the rear cargo area.

Peter

You’ll need a line out converter to convert a pair of speaker leads to something an amp can use, or an amp with high level inputs. A 3 channel would be best, then you can amplify the front speakers, and get your sub channel.

You’ll need a line out converter to convert a pair of speaker leads to something an amp can use, or an amp with high level inputs. A 3 channel would be best, then you can amplify the front speakers, and get your sub channel.
Are there any suggestions you have on what set up to get to do this? I'm 95% sure I'm getting the JL stealth box with 10 inch sub. 500 watts rms at 2ohms.

It’s a DVC sub?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back