Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

First post on the forum, glad to be able to provide some personal experience. I have had WearCare on several leases in the past, usually cost me $500CDN. On the last turn in on my F150 is saved me about $3500 as I had been backed in to by another vehicle and never had the damage fixed through my insurance. Wear Care covered it and I was able to walk away without any extra charges.

Going to test drive a 2018 Sport tonight, might be back in the Ford family after a number of years away.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Thanks for that info. Are you not interested in waiting for the new redesigned 2020? It should be coming out next Summer.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Thanks for that info. Are you not interested in waiting for the new redesigned 2020? It should be coming out next Summer.

Peter

Honestly I probably would be but don’t want to make it through another prairie winter with the wheels I have.

Haven’t seen much or any real speculation about what the 2020 will be like. If there is a thread here I would appreciate a link. Thanks!

I went ahead with the purchase of a premiumcare esp today on my 2016. This is only the 2nd extended warranty I have ever purchased and the first on a vehicle. Based on some of the potential issues with the 5g explorers and from what I've experienced in my year of ownership, I decided to take a chance on the esp through Joel.

I kind of have weird feelings as one side of me hopes there aren't any issues with the vehicle and I don't need the warranty, but the other side of me hopes that I get my money's worth out of the warranty which means I would have to have at least one pretty substantial issue...

Thanks for that link, it may alter my purchase decision a bit. I will likely lease the Sport instead of purchase. I like the idea of being able to move to the new one in 3 or 4 years. Second MY of Gen 6 should have most of the bugs out (I should hope).
You are welcome. My past 7 vehicles have all been leased and the next one (2020 Explorer or Nautalis) will likely also be a lease. A lot depends on the costs of them.

Peter

I bought MY17 CPO. Does Joel sell the ESP for Ford CPOs?

Just got off the phone with Joel. Got the PremiumCare for 2017 CPO Limited with 84 mos/125k mi coverage, $50 deductible. Price was about $100 lower than the lowest of the other quotes I got. Whole process took about fifteen minutes.

Thanks!

Awesome guy to deal with!!

I went ahead with the purchase of a premiumcare esp today on my 2016. This is only the 2nd extended warranty I have ever purchased and the first on a vehicle. Based on some of the potential issues with the 5g explorers and from what I've experienced in my year of ownership, I decided to take a chance on the esp through Joel.

I kind of have weird feelings as one side of me hopes there aren't any issues with the vehicle and I don't need the warranty, but the other side of me hopes that I get my money's worth out of the warranty which means I would have to have at least one pretty substantial issue...

What warranty did you end up getting? I have a 2016 XLT with nav and a sunroof and have had a couple nav cards die on me :( I am at the end of my lease and am trying to price out premium care or at least get an idea

Are there any advantages to buying the extended warranty at delivery or should I have waited until my 3/36 was almost up? I paid 3k for the premium care 8/100k with $100 deductible and I'm feeling pretty bad about now.

Are there any advantages to buying the extended warranty at delivery or should I have waited until my 3/36 was almost up? I paid 3k for the premium care 8/100k with $100 deductible and I'm feeling pretty bad about now.
I don't think it really matters in your case since the ESP warranty goes back and starts with your vehicle's 'In Service' date.

Peter

So I'm assuming the price would increase if I waited until my truck was older or had higher miles? I'm feeling as though I'm paying for the first 3/36 and it is already covered.

$100 increase after 1yr/12k and you would have no rental supplied during any warranty services unless that specific dealer does it on their dime.

Through Joel (dealer cost), an 8yr/100k Premium plan, $100 deductible with enhanced 1st day rental is under $1,700. Without Enhanced 1st day rental, it is a little over $1,500.

Should I expect much of a change in the cost of an ESP going from below 20,000 miles to above 20,000 miles? I'm a few hundred miles away from hitting 20,000 miles and financially I really would like to wait until the new year to purchase a ESP. do you guys think it would be that much of a difference in cost? I've been really putting off this purchase, particularly because I've never gotten a car warranty before, obviously outside of factory warranty. So I'm just hesitant on this whole proces.

If you bought it recently, why not cancel it and re-buy at lower price?

If you don't need the rental coverage, wait to buy the ESP until just before the end of 3/36 and then do the 24 month payment plan to spread out the cost. As mentioned it's only $100 more to buy after 1/12.

Should I expect much of a change in the cost of an ESP going from below 20,000 miles to above 20,000 miles? I'm a few hundred miles away from hitting 20,000 miles and financially I really would like to wait until the new year to purchase a ESP. do you guys think it would be that much of a difference in cost? I've been really putting off this purchase, particularly because I've never gotten a car warranty before, obviously outside of factory warranty. So I'm just hesitant on this whole proces.

If you do the financing theough Joel, it really isnt expensive. Depending on the term/mileage you are looking for, Ill quote the above $1,700 plan.

10% down ($170)
Remainder of plan financed into 24 mo ths at 0% ($1,530 / 24 = $63.75 a month for 2 years). Much easier pill to swallow then $1,700 all upfront.

Prices chsnge every Feb 1st. 1yr/12k to 3yr/36 is the same price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you bought it recently, why not cancel it and re-buy at lower price?

If you don't need the rental coverage, wait to buy the ESP until just before the end of 3/36 and then do the 24 month payment plan to spread out the cost. As mentioned it's only $100 more to buy after 1/12.
I may do this, unless my dealer wants to change it to zero deductible and throw in the triple care.

Back