94 EXPLORER 4x4 MODIFICATIONS HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 EXPLORER 4x4 MODIFICATIONS HELP

Mr.Unkwn420

Reaction score
City, State
LOCKHART, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
THIS IS MY 1ST FORD EXPLORER AND WAS WONDERING WHAT MODS I NEED TO DO BEFORE TAKING IT MUDDING OR IN THE WATER. IM DOING A 4" LIFT ON 15x10 -44 OFFSET ON 33x12.5 TIRES BUT SCARED ABOUT ELECTRICAL ISSUES

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lift and 33s is a good start. Some have relocated the ECU which is behind the passenger side kick panel, but not much else. I haven't had any electrical issues with mine as a result of mud and water.

Lift and 33s is a good start. Some have relocated the ECU which is behind the passenger side kick panel, but not much else. I haven't had any electrical issues with mine as a result of mud and water.
do you have any pictures of yours if you don't mind me asking

Regear the axles or the 33s will kill your transmission.

I would remove the air inlet tube located directly behind the bumper to prevent you from sucking water into the engine and potentially hydrolocking your motor. I personally just installed a KKM cone filter.

Here is a video of the lower intake assembly.

4.56 or 4.10. Do you know what it has now?

You need to raise the breather hoses from the front axle, t-case and rear axle as far up as you can or you will get water in them. sometimes the hoses will become brittle and crack near the fitting so it is best to replace with new hose that is much longer. I run my rear diff up behind the taillight and my front diff and t-case to the top corner of the engine bay.

Back