2020 Explorer | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/2020-ford-explorer-looks-powertrains-details-know/

So that's is the explorer final design ?

What a disappointment !

d2316d1a-2020-ford-explorer-carscoops-1-768x487.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still gonna see, but according to this rendering not much difference from current generation.

Spotted some 2020 Explorers in camouflage in Silverthorne, Colorado today...
View attachment 163154

Looking closer, it seems there are 2 models there. the outer 2 have lower door handles , different wheels, and different side window frames, also, the rear spoiler wrap is different on the center vehicle.

Wonder if it could be an explorer in center and broncos on the outside?

Looking closer, it seems there are 2 models there. the outer 2 have lower door handles , different wheels, and different side window frames, also, the rear spoiler wrap is different on the center vehicle.

Wonder if it could be an explorer in center and broncos on the outside?

You would be correct the one in the center was a bit different than the other two.

But as far as I could tell I think they were all Explorers because of the independent suspension at all four corners. Wondering if maybe it’s just different trim levels:dunno:

New front end.

New front end seems to mimic all other newest car manufacturers traits by going in that design, smaller headlights and sharper looking. The big surprise for me would be the interior upgrades and engine upgrades. This beast, if tuned, could be something special. Who would have imagined that Ford Explorer ST rear wheel drive could be one of the fastest SUV in the world, tuned or not. There are only a handful of competition and Explorer could possibly be in that top 5 SUV's in the world with a crazy over 400HP and over 400TQ in the world. Exciting to see what happens.

My lease is up in March 2021. I'd be looking at a new Explorer at that time. Since I am a Platinum buyer (I like gadgets and features). I hope by then, they have automatic braking by then and a hybrid option for that trim level. My only concern is that I don't know if you can tow with a hybrid. I know that my 2011 Fusion was listed as unable to tow (I use the hitch to put a bike rack behind my '18 Explorer).

My lease is up in March 2021. I'd be looking at a new Explorer at that time. Since I am a Platinum buyer (I like gadgets and features). I hope by then, they have automatic braking by then and a hybrid option for that trim level. My only concern is that I don't know if you can tow with a hybrid. I know that my 2011 Fusion was listed as unable to tow (I use the hitch to put a bike rack behind my '18 Explorer).
The 2019 Edge ST has the Stop and Go feature that will bring the vehicle to a complete stop in traffic and allow it to go again to your preset speed when the traffic begins to move. However, if stopped more than 3 seconds, the driver must intervene by pressing 'Resume' of the accelerator. It also ha pedestrian detection. I'm thinking that some of the same technology would find its way into the 2020 Explorer.
2019 Ford® Edge SUV | Smart Technology Features | Ford.com

Peter

Wow, that looks awesome :), I love the look of it. Tire size does remind me of 22 inch Ford Edge Sport tires lol. If they make the rims bigger, upgraded infotainment system with maybe a bigger screen? better graphics. More comphie front seats, maybe with a leg/seat extender like in Beemers. Overall interior should probably be bigger since they remove all those fat door panels that they took away much of the interior side space. Maybe its just me to be so excited about this new redesign.

Not bad :) I kind of like the front even though it diminishes the explorer Front uniqueness a bit. Now fronts are similar on all ford suvs..
I guess the main improvements would come from the new Explorer range of engines with the new dual port DI and transmissions.
I would love more comfortable seats too :)

Not bad :) I kind of like the front even though it diminishes the explorer Front uniqueness a bit. Now fronts are similar on all ford suvs..
I guess the main improvements would come from the new Explorer range of engines with the new dual port DI and transmissions.
I would love more comfortable seats too :)

In that picture, the rims look like Msport rims in BMW.

Currently, orders for the 2020 Explorer will be accepted starting January 16th, 2019 with scheduling starting on February 28th and production to start on May 6th.

Peter

Checkout what looks like will be be the 2020 Explorer on CARSCOOP.COM What you think if that is the final product ?

Looks are subjective, but the new powertrain is what intrigues me most.

Checkout what looks like will be be the 2020 Explorer on CARSCOOP.COM What you think if that is the final product ?
Your thread was merged with this existing one. Also, see post 126.

Peter

Looks are subjective, but the new powertrain is what intrigues me most.

I am going to buy this Explorer ST all in a black color. Then I will install tunes and a custom exhaust. It would probably be like a 450 hp/tq. Hopefully the water pump is on the outside of the engine this time and a PTU will a bullet proof casing around it.

I am going to buy this Explorer ST all in a black color. Then I will install tunes and a custom exhaust. It would probably be like a 450 hp/tq. Hopefully the water pump is on the outside of the engine this time and a PTU will a bullet proof casing around it.
I like the your style.
I'm only game if it's a new port/direct injected longitudinal engine.
Which should automatically be mated to a heavier duty transmission and PTU.

I like the your style.
I'm only game if it's a new port/direct injected longitudinal engine.
Which should automatically be mated to a heavier duty transmission and PTU.

The 3.0L turbo engine is definitely dual injection because it started out as a Lincoln only engine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the way you think! A Black Explorer ST is what I am thinking of getting, too. I hope you are right about the 450 hp/tq. Still trying to figure out what tire size and exhaust system I might upgrade with.

Back