Hitch Cover Fill in Trim

IanProduction

Reaction score
City, State
Burbank, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hey Guys,
I just bought a 2017 Explorer Sport in White.

I have a small boat that I tow quite a bit with and I don't want to keep having to taking off the hitch cover, but with the hitch cover off the bumper looks awful. It looks like its missing a piece. Do you know if anyone sells a fill in piece that clips into place of the hitch cover but leaves the hitch and electrical connections exposed. The hitch cover area is gloss black.

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Ian.:wave:
The question has not been asked here before not have I seen anything as you described. I have seen several though with the cover left off. GGod luck.

Peter

2018 Explorer Sport here and I have the same question.

Welcome to the Forum luke.:wave:

Peter

Perhaps you guys can try looking at an auto recycler site and find a cover and modify it. I've never removed mine so I'm not sure if it can be done. :dunno:

Peter

I've seen many 2016-2017 with a trim piece that exposes the hitch. I can't tell if it is oem or aftermarket. I would be interested too for my 2016 sport

I am looking for the same trim ring. I would like to leave my hitch exposed with a trim ring to dress it up.

I've seen many 2016-2017 with a trim piece that exposes the hitch. I can't tell if it is oem or aftermarket. I would be interested too for my 2016 sport
Can't say I've ever heard of that. Sure it was just 16-17s and might you have a picture?

Can't say I've ever heard of that. Sure it was just 16-17s and might you have a picture?

My thought is theybare aftermarket hitches which hang below the bumper and all you see is where you slide the ball into.

I took mine off the day I bought the truck and never put it back, but now on the 2020 Explorer doesn’t even come with the hitch cover anymore from the factory, not sure if it an available option

I took mine off the day I bought the truck and never put it back, but now on the 2020 Explorer doesn’t even come with the hitch cover anymore from the factory, not sure if it an available option

No it isn't

Back