Best tuner for Explorer Sport? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best tuner for Explorer Sport?

I got the diablosport intune i3 3months ago. Very happy with it, could feel the difference right away. Only other mod is the AEM dry filter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the diablosport intune i3 3months ago. Very happy with it, could feel the difference right away. Only other mod is the AEM dry filter.
Did it provide better MPG? That is what the IanProduction is interested in.

Peter

Did it provide better MPG? That is what the IanProduction is interested in.

Peter
Yes it did, well only when wife drives it.
It's hard for me to keep my foot off the gas pedal LoL.

The only issue I had: I loaded the 87 octane tune first, It ran fine. Tried the 91 octane tune and car wouldn't start. I got in contact with the guys at diablo, they suggested for an update in the device. Car ran perfect after that.

Hey guys thanks for using us. I can tell you we do not have per say economy tunes. They are either performance or tow tunes. Now on the performance tune you should see a 1-4mpg increase. Depends on how you drive of course and the higher the octane the better mpg you will see. Now on our new ford devices they are a touch screen tuner and we can give you all 4 octane tunes at once if you would like.
Livernois Motorsports

ex_q90_w680_h_MyCalibrator-Touch-Right-Clipped.bmp

Hey guys thanks for using us. I can tell you we do not have per say economy tunes. They are either performance or tow tunes. Now on the performance tune you should see a 1-4mpg increase. Depends on how you drive of course and the higher the octane the better mpg you will see. Now on our new ford devices they are a touch screen tuner and we can give you all 4 octane tunes at once if you would like.
Livernois Motorsports

ex_q90_w680_h_MyCalibrator-Touch-Right-Clipped.bmp
You guys should have a trade up special offer for loyalty customers.

Yeah currently we have no trade in special on the release but that doesn't mean eventually we won't have one. Now remember the tune file will still be the same as our latest version of the tune. You just don't have the ability to datalog. But performance wise will be the same for you guys. Thanks again everyone

Yeah currently we have no trade in special on the release but that doesn't mean eventually we won't have one. Now remember the tune file will still be the same as our latest version of the tune. You just don't have the ability to datalog. But performance wise will be the same for you guys. Thanks again everyone
Thanks for the clarification, I have no interest in data logging so my calibrator is fine.

Thanks for the clarification, I have no interest in data logging so my calibrator is fine.
Yes no need to trade in your device unless it is just to data log. The tune file is the same we would never keep our latest version tune from any of our current customers no matter what device you have. Thanks again everyone

Which tune is the most conservative. I'm new here. All stock on my 2016 ford explorer sport 3.5 ecoboost. I may add a true CAI and or 3barmap. If I stick with a more conservative stock tune will I still need to replace my spark plugs with gapped .030 performance plugs? Thanks guys.

Ive recently had to have almost the whole 4wd system replaced with the ptu, diff and transfer case and transmission being rebuilt or replaced under factory drivetrain warrenty after it grenaded in the street at 40mph. I'm worried now that adding as much HP as a 93 performance tune with a few minor mods(CAI 3bar) will exacerbate my troubles with my drivetrain or transaxles or transmission train.

Welcome to the Forum Matthew.:wave:
While I personally don't see a need for a tune on my Ecoboost, I don't believe a tune should have a negative effect on those parts you identified, under 'normal' driving conditions. I think it has more to do with how you drive it with the tune.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I will consider doing a mod for added efficiency and reliability. If it happens to produce a little HP then that's a plus. Not looking to inflame a witch hunt when I ask for warranty work if an original part or system goes humps up though.

It also is now 2019 and I am wondering how the tunes and abundance of HP added on to 2016 explorer sports are holding up lots of miles and a couple years later? I purchased mine from a dealer a month ago at 28k miles.

Back