Keyless entry (Securicode) pad comes off | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry (Securicode) pad comes off

On front door, behind window contains keyless
"B" pillar. I don't know if liquid nails would be a good alternative since I am not sure if there is a certain amount that the panel has to raised. Also, will using that product allow you to remove the panel in case there is a problem with the Securicode key pad?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coming loose at the top
Looking at the picture, that is where the clips should be

Just use a piece of 3m tape across it and forget it.

may just do that...called the nearest dealer & they told me I had to come in & let them take pictures for warranty approval. What the crap are they talking about? The vehicle only has 20,000 miles on it. Called another dealer & they said it was under warranty, no problem, but they are backed up a couple of weeks

may just do that...called the nearest dealer & they told me I had to come in & let them take pictures for warranty approval. What the crap are they talking about? The vehicle only has 20,000 miles on it. Called another dealer & they said it was under warranty, no problem, but they are backed up a couple of weeks
It is not unusual, in fact it is very common to have the dealer submit pictures of items that require Ford's approval for warranty work. There are many posts here that verify that requirement.

Peter

As Peter said all dealers are required to take pictures and submit them to Ford for warranty work, or they will not get repaid by Ford corporate. If you want to fix it your self go for it. If you want it done under warranty go get the pictures taken and let Ford handle it. Either dealer will take pictures and submit before any work is done.

We just noticed our B pillar trim is gone on passenger side. Is correct replacement BB5Z-7820554-AC ? Wish I had noticed before it fell off.

well, I finally got the dealer to call me back.
have an appointment set up for Tuesday.
this is exactly why I will not purchase from this dealer, they just never do what they say
the only reason I go there is because they are close to my job

one thing I forgot to ask...........
will they replace the keypad as well?
if they do, will my entry code be different or can they code it to the original?

one thing I forgot to ask...........
will they replace the keypad as well?
if they do, will my entry code be different or can they code it to the original?
There is no Securicode key pad on the passenger's side. In any case, although I'm not sure, I don't believe the code is stored in the key pad.

Peter

WOW, the replacement saga is finally over. They installed the replacement part on Tuesday. Wednesday, I rolled down the drivers window............it wouldn't go back up. Tried the passenger side..it wouldn't roll down. Called the dealer, they said bring it in Thursday. Well, wouldn't you know it, it was pouring rain & me with a window down. It was great fun having to tap a trash liner over the window, driving in the pouring rain & not be able to see out the drivers side. Finally made it to the dealer & they finally got everything working.......at least it works now.

Should have just used the 2 sided tape & avoided the stress

My keyless entry pad also came off while on the highway... amazing to me that this happens to so many people and Ford won’t take responsibility.

Welcome to the Forum Tanya.:wave:
I don't think this is a common issue. Only 4 reports here of it coming off but I know there are a couple more in another thread.

Peter

I have a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT that I bought in August of 2016. I love it but, today was the second time that I had to replace the keyless entry panel because it keeps coming loose. I asked my dealer if I'm going to have to keep replacing it all the time and the reply was "I hope not, but we can't guarantee it. It's not the best design. It's only held on with two way tape." Umm ok .....

Welcome to the Forum Barbara.:wave:
Although a few members have had the issue, it doesn't seem to be a common one. Did you have to put a new one on or did they just reapply it? What I find curious is that some have had it happen 2 or 3 times.

Peter

Hi Peterk9, Both times they had to order the part so I assume it is a new one they have to put on. My code never changes so I asked about that and was told that the code is programmed to the vehicle and not the key pad. When the tape lets loose maybe they can’t reattach it so thy have to order a part. I had a loaner car for a couple days.

I have a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT that I bought in August of 2016. I love it but, today was the second time that I had to replace the keyless entry panel because it keeps coming loose. I asked my dealer if I'm going to have to keep replacing it all the time and the reply was "I hope not, but we can't guarantee it. It's not the best design. It's only held on with two way tape." Umm ok .....
2 thoughts:

1. The dealer statement is asinine - I would find another dealer.

2. The design and mounting method is adequate, but not what I would expect for an OEM install - it is more reminiscent of how the aftermarket does installs. Nonetheless, if the area is prepped properly and the part is installed correctly, it should not be falling off. It has two mounting clips as well as the two large lengths of what should be high-quality 3M automotive tape.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2017 Explorer keypad trim peeling away?

I just picked up a used 17 Limited with 23k miles.
Upon delivery I noticed the external keypad was pulling away from the door.
I saw double sided tape in there that was pulling away.

The passenger side is very slight but the drivers side is very noticeable.

Is this normal? Hopefully covered under warranty? It almost looks like there should be a fastener near the top and there isn't any.

20190125_093637.jpg

Back