Auto seat heaters with remote start don't work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto seat heaters with remote start don't work?

Dylan2955

Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
So I've read a couple places that when the seat heaters are turned to "auto" in the remote start settings they'll only come on if it's cold enough.

Today it was a nice 36, so I decided to try it out. No dice.

Am I doing something wrong or does it really have to be colder?

2013 Ford explorer Limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heated seats come on around 42 degrees and colder. Ac seats come on around 80 degrees and warmer. Once you turn the vehicle on by pressing the brake and push button start effectively overriding the remote start, younthen have to turn them back on

.......... Once you turn the vehicle on by pressing the brake and push button start effectively overriding the remote start, you then have to turn them back on
It seems Ford has changed that somewhat in later models (2016+ ?). On mine the seats go automatically to the full 3 bars after pressing brake/start.

Peter

So I've read a couple places that when the seat heaters are turned to "auto" in the remote start settings they'll only come on if it's cold enough.

Today it was a nice 36, so I decided to try it out. No dice.

Am I doing something wrong or does it really have to be colder?

2013 Ford explorer Limited
see this post; Climate Settings With Remote Start

Peter

It seems Ford has changed that somewhat in later models (2016+ ?). On mine the seats go automatically to the full 3 bars after pressing brake/start.

Peter
Mine also turns off, but I remember reading in another thread where it can activated on 2016 or older vehicles that doesn't keep it on as a default.

So my 2017, they turn on with remote start and remain on full power (3 bars) after pressing the brake pedal and push to start button. However, they take so much longer it seems to heat up. Almost as if they are not running. Even the fans are a lot quieter. But then if I manually turn them off, then back on, they heat up much quicker. Very weird. Definitely doesn't seem right but I don't know.

I used my remote start this morning and it was 48* outside. Once I pressed brake+start my heated seats were on (didn't quite pay attention before, I will next time).

I used my remote start this morning and it was 48* outside. Once I pressed brake+start my heated seats were on (didn't quite pay attention before, I will next time).
If they are like mine then the seat is on but on low and I don't believe it registers on the dash but as soon as you hit the brake/start they go to full 3 bars and it doesn't take long before I knock it back down to 1.

Peter

Back