2020 Explorer | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

I believe it comes with 22" wheels but I'm sincerely hoping 20" are an option. Not a fan of those 22" looking 'wagon wheels'.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like the picture in post #126. After looking at all the pictures I must say I really like it. The 'Shark Fin' appears to be back and the front lower valance looks to be gone. The tow hitch is now exposed without having to remove a cover. I don't see any obvious tailpipes. Nice to see the amber turn signal in the taillights. Looks like a 20" wheel is available. They appear to be Hankook Kinergy GT (H436).

Peter

This looks hideous IMO... The front looks like a bug to me or an old guy frowning. Not a fan...
Maybe the front end on an ST will be different, I hope.

I'm not trading my ride in for it, but I like it and I look forward to seeing some strong sales from Ford as a result.

Maybe the front end on an ST will be different, I hope.

It's not maybe. Ford will treat the ST customers special. We are spending over 50K for a car and this upcoming model will be even more expensive. Hopefully Ford will make the front fascia more sport like and blacked out. Our Sport ones have always looked special. Hopefully we will see a quad exhaust too. I also like how the roof line sleeks downwards when it reaches the rear seats.

I am more excited about the engine 10 speed gear box and the powerful engine and the interior. Hopefully more interior space by having less side door bolster space. More comfortable seats with the left leg dead pedal thingy removed for taller people on longer trips. I will also take the heads up display.

The back end of the explorer so far I rate it at 10 out of 10 already. Looks sharp, tale lamps look awesome, hopefully a visible quad exhaust for ST model with even more sportier looking back end. We will find out!!

cant complain it looks like a Range Rover anymore, front end looks like a Durangos.? or some dodge

cant complain it looks like a Range Rover anymore, front end looks like a Durangos.? or some dodge

I would want to see the car in person before making any final decisions. Front end to tell you the truth looks the weirdest. Lets see what happens with the sports versions.

not sure if that's the final exhaust, but looks like it has two huge barrel sized mufflers with turndowns

So far I’d say it looks too much like gen 5 explorer...time will tell soon enough

So far I’d say it looks too much like gen 5 explorer...time will tell soon enough
It is similar but more than the looks have changed on the 2020 model.

Peter

Latest info I have now is CAP shuts down in March for re-tooling and is back up in April for first production builds......

I'm happy. I can see light under the roof rails and the front wheel wells look like they are moved forward sufficiently so there will be a place for my left foot.

I'm happy. ............ the front wheel wells look like they are moved forward sufficiently so there will be a place for my left foot.
Optimisim at its best.:)

Peter

Optimism .... here is one for you.
"Without the extra electrical juice, this engine alone produces an impressive 400 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. But with the aid of batteries, these figures increase to 450 hp and 600 lb-ft in the Aviator Grand Touring trim. A 10-speed automatic is the sole transmission. Lincoln also wants Aviator owners to be able to drive their SUV in any condition, thus offering Normal, Conserve, Excite, Slippery, and Deep Conditions driving modes. The Aviator Grand Touring (aka the hybrid), also has Pure EV and Preserve EV modes."

Will the Explorer ST Hybrid be like the Lincoln Aviator?

Also found out today that the first week of June 2019 is likely when "OK to sell" will be given for the 2020.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford's production schedule shows initial orders for the 2020 model will be accepted starting January 16th, with scheduling beginning February 28th and prduction starting up May 6th. That would coincide with the possible first week of June 2019 release.

Peter

Back