Remote's Unlock Button - 2004 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote's Unlock Button - 2004 Explorer

Demise2004

Reaction score
City, State
Havertown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer V8
I tried searching for this problem but couldn't find anything already so posted, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

The unlock button on my factory remotes no longer do what they're supposed to do. It has failed slowly over time; it would work if I hold it in for a second, then a few seconds, about a minute, and now doesn't unlock at all. This is true for both remotes. All the other buttons work fine. Interior lock & unlock works perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt

I tried searching for this problem but couldn't find anything already so posted, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

The unlock button on my factory remotes no longer do what they're supposed to do. It has failed slowly over time; it would work if I hold it in for a second, then a few seconds, about a minute, and now doesn't unlock at all. This is true for both remotes. All the other buttons work fine. Interior lock & unlock works perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt
Talking of the key fobs correct? Probably battery failing in them. I got a set of replacement key fobs off amazon was easy to program them, came with directions, but if i remember right it was key on/off 3 times and successful program may have had an audible horn 2 or 3 times. They had directions. Were inexpensive, relatively speaking.

Agree that the fob may just be failing with age. I bought a pair off eBay and they are excellent quality and work fine. Almost identical to factory but graphics on buttons slightly different, but same functions. If you use eBay make sure to shop your specific model and year and also make sure you are not buying just the shell but complete electronics too.

Thanks guys. Replacement FOB's on the way.

Appreciate the feedback.

Back