Have no idea where this line Mystery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have no idea where this line Mystery

Tbridgesjr

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford explorer 4.0
Car stopped on my wife, started spraying coolant everywhere at the thermostat housing, and I have zero idea where this line goes.. searched everywhere for it, it was found on the driver's side front between the engine and brake fluid area at the bottom, connected to nothing. Any help would be appreciated, the line on the plastic top says Danco Pat no.3-021--029. but when I search it , it brings up axel breathers for other makes of vehicle.

IMG_20181208_162416.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am almost positive that is the differential vent tube. Would not have anything to do with coolant loss, unless a coolant hose/line blew nearby and smacked it up into the place you found it.
I can verify tomorrow in daylight on my donor vehicle. I tried checking just now but couldn't get a visual.

Ok, I greatly appreciate it, I'm gonna see if that's a missing part on it lol

what year is yours? I have an 02 and 03 to check. Just ive got laundry running and its quite cold out at the moment.
Quote reply me tomorrow so I will get an email notification incase it slips my mind.

2004 4.0 SoHc, and thank you. Will do. It's dark out and colder than a penguins behind outside, I'll be on it tomorrow lol

2004 4.0 SoHc, and thank you. Will do. It's dark out and colder than a penguins behind outside, I'll be on it tomorrow lol
I am so sorry. I forgot all about checking this due to having to pack to travel out of town for a work training class. I get back Thursday night.
I am still very confident it's the differential breather tube.

Diff breather, clips next to brake line on drivers side

Back