Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal

Not sure if you are referring to the Hybrid but the Lincoln has a 3.0L Ecoboost capable of 400 HP and 400 lb-ft torque with no hybrid assist. That is what the Continental has.

Peter

All Motor means, no supercharger, no turbos, no nitrous, it means engine only with no power adders at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back in 13 my wife had a first year escape titanium, and back then the titaniums all had the park assist. Turns out it was just a useless gimmick. Later years the park assist became an option and not part of the titanium package. Hopefully ford will follow the same pattern on the new explorers and the big 10" screen will become an upgrade and not standard or top trim models. To me that big ass screen makes me think I'm driving a video game.

Big screens in cars are not going away. If anything, they will get bigger. That's fine, just place it so it looks like it belongs!

I have no issue with the size, really. It’s more that it’s portrait, and sticks above the dash.

Not everyone wants a hybrid, whats wrong with wanting a traditional N/A V8 that makes 400+ hp all motor.

That may be but the majority do not care. Many want power AND fuel efficiency.

Durango srt has 475hp and gets 18mpg real world and that takes a 6.2L engine to do it.

When you can get 450hp, 600tq, 30-40% more fuel economy, cheaper and all of it from a 3.3K engine, it is a win. No reason to have to add an additional motor to the lineup which requires another motor to be shipped in, assembled elsewhere and to make the assembly line more complex.

The only thing the 5.0 will have over the current motors going in the Explorer is the exhaust note kf a V8 and that is a ridiculous reason for Ford to do it

........... Hopefully ford will follow the same pattern on the new explorers and the big 10" screen will become an upgrade and not standard or top trim models..........
The 10.1-inch touch screen is an available feature while the 8-inch touch screen is standard.

Peter

True, but I heard somewhere the 10" is standard on the platinum. And all the interior shots I've seen of the ST have the 10" also

I'm all for a nice big screen, but yikes! How about build it into the dash better? And look at the starter button placement. Sorry, but Ford REALLY screwed the dash up.
The 10.1-inch touch screen is an available feature while the 8-inch touch screen is standard.

Peter

Maybe an 8 inch one would look better as it will not stick out like a sore thumb like that.

total disappointment ...this is the best they can do for their new platform ...wtf......moving on from explorers....time will tell but IMHO ford just screwed up one of the best selling vehicles in the country.....

moving on from explorers....time will tell but IMHO ford just screwed up one of the best selling vehicles in the country.....
That's what some said when they brought out the 5th gen 2011 Explorer.:) Count me in on looking to get one.

Peter

Count me in on looking to get one.

Peter…Be checking it out at the Detroit auto show - we’ll see. I’ll give it a chance … wife likes her 15 Sport (I do to) …. roomy, 3 rows… handles well and at 365hp is enough to get the mass moving. Overall – what we’re looking for is an improved sport (st) … move power.. better braking …better handling...like to see more serious 295 or 315 rubber out back … etc. That dash is hard to look at (same as aviator) I hope they took cues from the Audi digital instrument panel with integrated navigation… truly best in the business.

Dashboard is OK. Like most I don't care for the 10" screen. Also what is with the gear shifters turning into knobs. This is a trend I don't care for.

Dashboard is OK. Like most I don't care for the 10" screen. Also what is with the gear shifters turning into knobs. This is a trend I don't care for.
Lincoln has gone the same way as have some other manufacturers. In some of the Lincolns like the Aviator they are going with a row of switches/buttons.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rotary dial is quite nice. One notch to R, 2 notches to D.. then you are done. You do not even have to turn it to P. As soon as you shut the vehicle off, it automatically goes to P. So it takes up less space and is less work.

Back