• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer fuel grade reqm'ts

Jack Nouller

Reaction score
City, State
Spartanburg, S.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer xlt
What will be the fuel grade reqm'ts for the 3.0L V-6 engine? Also the reqm't for the police 400h.p.engine?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What will be the fuel grade reqm'ts for the 3.0L V-6 engine? Also the reqm't for the police 400h.p.engine?

Please post 2020 questions in the 2020 forum. I have moved it.

And to answer your question, 87 will be the minimum grade just like every other Ecoboost.

like all other ecoboost engines the rated values only come with 91 octane pure gasoline - E10 mixes and lower octanes will of result in potentially lower power and torque ratings.

The 3.0 ecoboost is the 2.7L ecoboost with a larger cylinder bore - it's not new exactly. And I suspect in 2 years the 2.7L ecoboost will go away and only the 3.0 will remain. but that's just a hunch on my part.

What will be more interesting will be if they move the displacement of the 3.5L ecoboost base to the 3.3L and keep the power level near the same. Then offer a newer high tier spec 3.5L ecoboost that is the HO raptor motor.

like all other ecoboost engines the rated values only come with 91 octane pure gasoline - E10 mixes and lower octanes will of result in potentially lower power and torque ratings.

The 3.0 ecoboost is the 2.7L ecoboost with a larger cylinder bore - it's not new exactly. And I suspect in 2 years the 2.7L ecoboost will go away and only the 3.0 will remain. but that's just a hunch on my part.

What will be more interesting will be if they move the displacement of the 3.5L ecoboost base to the 3.3L and keep the power level near the same. Then offer a newer high tier spec 3.5L ecoboost that is the HO raptor motor.

I believe the 7.3 will be going into the Raptor.

Advertised HP and Torque numbers were achieved using 93 Octane.

Peter

I believe the 7.3 will be going into the Raptor.

I highly doubt it. Iron block, rather large and heavy - purpose meant for the HD line. There's another rumor going around it's going to go into the mustang and I bet it can't even fit in the hole.

while it might well fit in the chassis of the F150 fine - it's going to be so much heavier than any other engine implementation on the F150 that I doubt it's compatible.

Makes oodles of sense in the HD line as more and more people see the detraction of modern Diesel - or in countries where diesel is all but banned in 2022.

Advertised HP and Torque numbers were achieved using 93 Octane.

Peter

RIght. I always figure most people in places where they only get 91 will get similar figures due to their climate. Still think we should easily have 95 octane at all gas pumps in america but that's another rant for another day.

Back