Android Auto Projection Mode (FORScan edit) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Android Auto Projection Mode (FORScan edit)

VandyCWG

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Hi there.
Reading through the ForSCAN chart and comparing my AsBuilt data, I was wondering if my 2017 Limited would support the Android Auto projection toggle that is located at 7D0101 in the APIM module. The flag is currently set to x5xx, which is feature 1 not present.

Anyone have any experience with Android Auto Projection mode?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sounds like Android auto wireless. Does the 17 have wifi? If not, it probably wouldn't do anything. But on 18 and 19's, it could potentially add aa auto wireless. I might have to pick up a forscan adapter, and look into this.

That sounds like Android auto wireless. Does the 17 have wifi? If not, it probably wouldn't do anything. But on 18 and 19's, it could potentially add aa auto wireless. I might have to pick up a forscan adapter, and look into this.

The 2017 has wifi and such. I am debating trying this setting, just don't want to mess anything up with my APIM.

The 2017 has wifi and such. I am debating trying this setting, just don't want to mess anything up with my APIM.
Nothing to mess up. If it doesn't work, you can just set it back. I don't have a forscan adapter, if I did, I would give it a shot.

I'm looking through the forscan list, and see no mention of this setting. Where are you seeing this?

I'm looking through the forscan list, and see no mention of this setting. Where are you seeing this?
Nm, found it.

My adapter coming today, but just thinking.this option probably is just enabling Android auto, nothing to do with Android auto wireless.

Well, enabling it, well, did nothing....lol.

Back