2019 Explorer XLT without exhaust tips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Explorer XLT without exhaust tips

afilis

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Explorer, XLT
Hello everyone,
Please, someone can explain to me why ford selling XLT model 2019 without exhaust tips.

upload_2019-3-13_15-10-56.png

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are there, just difficult to see. They are turndowns off the muffler.

I mean to the chrome exhaust tips that you can see on the picture below:

upload_2019-3-13_16-13-49.png

... and on the next screenshot, you can see XLT model without chrome exhaust tips.

upload_2019-3-13_16-14-40.png

I mean to the chrome exhaust tips that you can see on the picture below.......................................:
... and on the next screenshot, you can see XLT model without chrome exhaust tips.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Different bumpers. The lower picture doesn't have the same opening for the exhaust as the top one. Maybe it was a near end production and they had run out of parts.;) It has the same open towing feature as the 2020.:dunno:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Different bumpers. The lower picture doesn't have the same opening for the exhaust as the top one. Maybe it was a near end production and they had run out of parts.;) It has the same open towing feature as the 2020.:dunno:

Peter

It is just missing the cover that snaps in to cover it.

It is just missing the cover that snaps in to cover it.
Maybe, but I don't see a reason to have it sitting there without the cover.

Maybe, but I don't see a reason to have it sitting there without the cover.

Look above the hitch, you can see the 4 holes where the clips for the top of the cover snap in.

The 2020 is below the bumper with no molding/trim like on the 2019.

Wonder if it jas to do with the exhaust issue and not being straight, but down. Newer patrol PI have had for years now
Also cost cutting maybe?

OP, is the reason behind your post that you purchased one that did not have the tips and are trying to push back on the dealer to give them to you?

What does the dealer say about the reason some have them and some do not?

OP, is the reason behind your post that you purchased one that did not have the tips and are trying to push back on the dealer to give them to you?

What does the dealer say about the reason some have them and some do not?

I purchased Explorer XLT 2019 without chrome exhaust tips and when I asked the dealer about that, he said that he will check with Ford. I waiting for more than 3 months and they still don't have an answer. That why I am asking here, maybe someone knows about this.

I purchased Explorer XLT 2019 without chrome exhaust tips and when I asked the dealer about that, he said that he will check with Ford. I waiting for more than 3 months and they still don't have an answer. That why I am asking here, maybe someone knows about this.
Which one of the pictures does yours look like? Does it have the straight out pipes like the first picture in your post #3? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to hear from Ford.

Peter

Which one of the pictures does yours look like? Does it have the straight out pipes like the first picture in your post #3? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to hear from Ford.

Peter

In my case, the exhaust going down like on the picture below:

upload_2019-3-14_14-5-32.png

On 2019 base and XLT - should be

Hidden/turn down tips = FWD w/o appearance pkg

Dual Chrome tips = AWD w/ appearance pkg

BTW, no thread about exhaust tips is complete without a tip o' the hat to Bubb Rubb and his whistle tips...

On 2019 base and XLT

Hidden tips = FWD

Dual Chrome tips = AWD

BTW, no thread about exhaust tips is complete without a tip o' the hat to Bubb Rubb and his whistle tips...

That the point, I have Explorer XLT 4WD with hidden exhaust tips, more than that I can show the link of few dealers who sell XLT 2019 4WD with hidden exhaust tips.

That the point, I have Explorer XLT 4WD with hidden exhaust tips, more than that I can show the link of few dealers who sell XLT 2019 4WD with hidden exhaust tips.

I was at the dealer last week for some other stuff and at a quick glance, I thought they had gotten some PIUs in with the 'street appearance' package. I didn't study every vehicle to make sure it was true in every case, but that was generally what it looked like.

It may be part of Exterior/XLT Appearance Pack. Check your window sticker or use ETIS with VINs of vehicles with and without chrome tips to confirm.

Wondering if the difference is that base XLT has the down spout exhaust, but if you get the sport appearance package or the desert copper package you get chrome tips? Notice in the pictures in post # 3 the "Explorer" badging on the lift gate was in graphite from the sports appearance package as apposed to chrome. Just a thought....

Sounds to me like someone purchased a vehicle. Noticed other vehicles had something else and now wants to demand that he gets the same thing.

You saw it when you bought it. When you signed the papers you accepted that you purchased it like it was.

With the turned down tips I'm guessing the chrome tips won't fit because of the bend in the exhaust pipe. Personally, I don't think they would look right on that setup.
I don't even see them shown here; Exhaust Components for 2019 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear La
Option: Ford Explorer Exhaust Tips - Explorer Stainless, Black & Chrome SUV Exhaust Tips - 1987 - 2019

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As many automakers are doing, hidden/fake look for exhaust tips/outlets etc.... to show for "sporty look" is in higher trims and honestly it's goofy and I would think extra cost for Ford on lower models to have the different bumpers/tips. I bet that the bumper is cheaper than exhaust tips over the thousands of copies and encourages higher per transaction for the better look for many customers. Interesting this is a last year MY19 running change.....

Back