Rear Bumper Hitch Cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Hitch Cover

Tsuga

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013, Explorer, Sport
I was getting my Explorer ready for our first tow and camping next weekend. I took the hitch cover off, left in the driveway and when I put it back on a few hours later, one of the screw is missing. We hunted high and low and can't find it. Does anyone know the part number for it or know where I could get one. I am in Canada.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter, I went to dealer after work and bought a package of 4.

Thanks Peter, I went to dealer after work and bought a package of 4.
Just for future reference, It would be appreciated if you would post the part number. Thanks.

Sorry, this was sent to me and I asked him to order it. I will post the part number when I pick up the part.
Bumper_zpszjvcf7fn.jpg

Okay, thanks. I was under the impression that you had actually picked them up.

I picked up the screws today. They only come in a package of 4 screws, so I had to order a package. The part number is W790339-S900 and it is called retainer.

I'm looking for a replacement hitch cover. I believe I found the part number, but I can't tell if it is painted. If not, any ideas on where to order one pre-painted? Mine is a glossy black.

I don't know if any of them come pre-painted. If it's like most aftermarket parts, it has to be painted after you get it.

Peter

I don't know if any of them come pre-painted. If it's like most aftermarket parts, it has to be painted after you get it.

Peter
I just put one on mine and it was a perfect match.

I had a small stone caught in one of my retainers and it was near impossible to get off (laying on the ground with a large pliers was the only way)....it won't get put back on until we decide to sell the vehicle

I'm looking for a replacement hitch cover. I believe I found the part number, but I can't tell if it is painted. If not, any ideas on where to order one pre-painted? Mine is a glossy black.

Maybe try the online auction site to see if you can get a nice used one off a junked explorer in your color.

Since this seems to be a universal part for the 2016 / 17 Explorers, you will likely have to get painted once you get it. When ordered through the dealer they usually have their body shop do it. Being it's gloss black in your case, you may be able to do it yourself.
2016-2017 Ford Trim Molding FB5Z-17F000-BPTM | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

Back