Sunroof deflector for 02-05 3rd gen Explorer ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof deflector for 02-05 3rd gen Explorer ??

MigueFord

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited 4.0
Ive been researching but couldnt find solid info. Im looking to get one as I get a whislte from 75mph n up.
Ive noticed some seller advise to measure the sunroof plus 1 inch on each side. But I have the water canals less than an inch apart from the sunroof.
I wonder if its even possible to put one on these 3rd gens?
I liked the non glue weather thech one but they say it wont fit the Explorer.

Ive been researching but couldnt find solid info. Im looking to get one as I get a whislte from 75mph n up.
Ive noticed some seller advise to measure the sunroof plus 1 inch on each side. But I have the water canals less than an inch apart from the sunroof.
I wonder if its even possible to put one on these 3rd gens?
I liked the non glue weather thech one but they say it wont fit the Explorer.
Your best bet may be an AVS or weather tech sunroof wind deflector they are relatively cheap on eBay and if you smoke from time to time as I do the sunroof deflector makes smoking with the sunroof cracked in the rain possible. AVS is around 20-30 weathertech will be 100$+ but will come with the window deflectors as well

Your best bet may be an AVS or weather tech sunroof wind deflector they are relatively cheap on eBay and if you smoke from time to time as I do the sunroof deflector makes smoking with the sunroof cracked in the rain possible. AVS is around 20-30 weathertech will be 100$+ but will come with the window deflectors as well

I did try. WeatherTech doesnt have one, AVS has 2 that may fit, I just dont wanna buy one jst to try. Plus I saw the watter runners are very close to the edges. I like the Pop Out one, seems to cover less of the opening. Ive seen deflectors go almost half the way over the sunroof lol I dnt want that, when I open it I wanna have the biggest sky view I can have.

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

Back