• Register Today It's free!

96 power pneumatic? Seat broke

Scotts96sploder

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer 5.0 rwd
So I’ve searched the web and this site with no luck. I have a 96 with a pneumatic/power driver seat. Everything works but the lumbar support. The pump runs but the bladder or bag doesn’t inflate. I have no clue where to start on this one. I wouldn’t mind cutting some foam to make the seat permanently “inflated “.
Anyone fixed this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I found the problem. I have pressure at this hose, but the bladder is ripped where this attaches. So, anyone know where to find one of these? Is the junkyard about the only place?

6A5E3ACB-70CE-4B3B-A9F2-B49BD115A790.jpeg

Lol why didn’t I think of that?! Derp

Same issue! Any updates?

Team TARDIS

I picked up some pillow foam from Walmart and shoved it in front of the broken bag. I wouldn’t mind if it worked though, I’ll swing by Ford and see if they can get them. It’s a little low on the priority list, may be a while lol

I picked up some pillow foam from Walmart and shoved it in front of the broken bag. I wouldn’t mind if it worked though, I’ll swing by Ford and see if they can get them. It’s a little low on the priority list, may be a while lol
I think I have a better chance of being 17 than finding that part at Ford :lol:. And the ones in the JY are probably defective as well. Is the bladder made of rubber? Maybe a bike tire patch?

Back