2020 Explorer | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Road testing maybe?
Regular plates...it's parked in the parking lot of a train station. I will look for it tomorrow morning, and take pics .Back looked a bit smaller than the current generation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Regular plates...it's parked in the parking lot of a train station. I will look for it tomorrow morning, and take pics .Back looked a bit smaller than the current generation.

Interesting. When I saw a camoed test mule up in N Michigan, it seemed a lot smaller than mine. Might be a perception thing.

Maybe this one is owned by someone from corporate?

Road testing maybe?
Interesting. When I saw a camoed test mule up in N Michigan, it seemed a lot smaller than mine. Might be a perception thing.

Maybe this one is owned by someone from corporate?
I thought at 1st it was a Honda pilot, but recognized the tailights as an explorer. When I got directly behind it at a light, was shocked it was a 2020 explorer. It's definitely a production model, with regular passenger plates. I wasn't crazy about the looks, probably an aviator in my future, when my lease is up.

I thought at 1st it was a Honda pilot, but recognized the tailights as an explorer. When I got directly behind it at a light, was shocked it was a 2020 explorer. It's definitely a production model, with regular passenger plates. I wasn't crazy about the looks, probably an aviator in my future, when my lease is up.
It isn't a production model since they haven't been produced yet. Retooling doesn't start till this month. It would be a preproduction model that a corporate employee would be driving IF it was a 2020.

Has anyone seen a Ford Explorer ST in a shampain grey color? I would love to see how it looks like in that color because Atlas Blue will be the only unique color.

Love Michelin tires but I want the wide street pack wheels/tires, is the wheel different with this package, hope so. See: "You can get them optionally on Limited two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive models with tire size for all variants being 255/55/20".

It isn't a production model since they haven't been produced yet. Retooling doesn't start till this month. It would be a preproduction model that a corporate employee would be driving IF it was a 2020.

A while back I was driving the Ford to pick someone up and noticed the black car in front of me was labelled XC-40 I had been looking at the new Volvos for a while, but had given up due to too many problems with that new motor( that won all the awards last year ??). At that time I was not aware that Volvo was gonna make one that small so I followed it and managed to get along side of it, was a small volvo all right. Later it's announcement was all over the web, but no reviews for some time.

Love Michelin tires but I want the wide street pack wheels/tires, is the wheel different with this package, hope so. See: "You can get them optionally on Limited two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive models with tire size for all variants being 255/55/20".
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The two ST packages come with 275/45R21 tires.

Peter

Has anyone seen a Ford Explorer ST in a shampain grey color? I would love to see how it looks like in that color because Atlas Blue will be the only unique color.
There is no such colour for the 2020 Explorer. Are you perhaps thinking of Silver Spruce which is a new colour?

Peter

There is no such colour for the 2020 Explorer. Are you perhaps thinking of Silver Spruce which is a new colour?

Peter

Not a silver color but dark grey color. I think that the most similar to it is the Magnetic.

Not a silver color but dark grey color. I think that the most similar to it is the Magnetic.
The Silver Spruce is a sort of light green. If you check the available colours when building it you can see it on the Explorer picture. You will also see the other colours available.

Peter

I think the color you are asking about is Magnetic, kinda dark grey.

If you click on the link Build and Price on the thread under that heading it will show the colors for the 2020 Explorer

I think the color you are asking about is Magnetic, kinda dark grey.

If you click on the link Build and Price on the thread under that heading it will show the colors for the 2020 Explorer

Yep, I clicked on the link and saw it. The only problem is that the color that displays on Ford website is slightly brighter or darker for some colors. If you look at Atlas blue, it is more shinier looking on the Ford website pic. Also, I really wanted to see a real live 2020 ST Magnetic. I have seen all kinds of colors but still not one with Magnetic.

Yep, I clicked on the link and saw it. The only problem is that the color that displays on Ford website is slightly brighter or darker for some colors. If you look at Atlas blue, it is more shinier looking on the Ford website pic. Also, I really wanted to see a real live 2020 ST Magnetic. I have seen all kinds of colors but still not one with Magnetic.

To be honest, look at a 2019 Sport in Magnetic. Visually they are not much different (front clip/headlights changed). You will get a very good idea of what it will look like. No real need to see it on a 2020 IMO. It is the new colors like Atlas Blue that make it difficult to visualize.

That 12.3" digital cluster (Calm Screen) is only available on the Platinum trim.

Peter

Any new sightings of the 2020 Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back