How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I've been digging and have not been able to dig anything up on this.

When I turn recirc on in the HVAC controls the only time it stays in is if it is in AC mode. In all others the recirc turns off after a period of time.

Any way to change this in Forscan?

TIA

As far as I know there is no way for that to happen with Forscan. I am pretty sure if you hold it down for a few seconds it will stay on for around five minutes or so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I turn recirc on in the HVAC controls the only time it stays in is if it is in AC mode. In all others the recirc turns off after a period of time.

TIA
Can’t change it in FORScan. As you’ve found out, this is normal (as per the 2016 Owner’s Manual).

As far as I know there is no way for that to happen with Forscan. I am pretty sure if you hold it down for a few seconds it will stay on for around five minutes or so.

Can’t change it in FORScan. As you’ve found out, this is normal (as per the 2016 Owner’s Manual).

Dang. Oh well thanks guys.

It's the only real aggravation I have about it.

Came across SSM 47201...has anyone who has modified/added Sync run into any issues at the dealer?

Replacing/Upgrading Original Equipment SYNC/Navigation System Components Is Not Supported - 2008-2018 Ford Lincoln Mercury

All it is saying is Ford will not warranty any work done by the end user. It would be like you putting a 2 inch lift on your EX and expecting Ford to repair it if it broke. If you put an aftermarket or change from Sync 2 to Sync 3 Ford has no idea if it was done correctly because they do not offer that service. The person that did the work has now bought the warranty from Ford.

All it is saying is Ford will not warranty any work done by the end user. It would be like you putting a 2 inch lift on your EX and expecting Ford to repair it if it broke. If you put an aftermarket or change from Sync 2 to Sync 3 Ford has no idea if it was done correctly because they do not offer that service. The person that did the work has now bought the warranty from Ford.

Yes, thank you for the implied meaning of this SSM ;) but it doesn’t answer my question. I’m curious if anyone has had any push back from a dealer.

Yes, thank you for the implied meaning of this SSM ;) but it doesn’t answer my question. I’m curious if anyone has had any push back from a dealer.
Unless you're still under bumper to bumper warranty or have ESP, electronics wouldn't be covered anyways...go nuts!

Unless you're still under bumper to bumper warranty or have ESP, electronics wouldn't be covered anyways...go nuts!

Says the person who no longer has an Explorer...LOL...no worries, this SSM isn’t stopping me, but just curious if anyone has had a dealer say anything (if they remember this SSM).

Says the person who no longer has an Explorer...LOL...no worries, this SSM isn’t stopping me, but just curious if anyone has had a dealer say anything (if they remember this SSM).
Lol, the dealership doesn't really have any say, as warranty is covered by Ford.
But, if you have a good relationship with a particular dealership, they will go to bat for you.
As an example, when I had the EX, I had a catch can installed and the service Manager told me not to worry about it, as it was a plug and play and did not affect nor altered the PCV connection.

TIA
Only time you have true control over the recirc door is when the auto is off and you switch to panel.

Other times it's based on temperature difference inside and out the car and the humidity level.

I hate it because in Alabama it will start blasting on AC but keeps the door closed because the humidity is so high. The problem is the inside temp of the vehicle is 120-130 and the outside is like 95. So it's not cooling the 120 degree air as well as it would the 95 degree outside air. It's actually faster to go to manual mode and open the recirc door and once the inside temp matches the outside temp I close the door. It cools the car off 5 minutes faster than the factory logic. I may mod the humidity sensor in the future to make it look like 20 percent humidity at all times during the summer months.

Only time you have true control over the recirc door is when the auto is off and you switch to panel.

Other times it's based on temperature difference inside and out the car and the humidity level.

I hate it because in Alabama it will start blasting on AC but keeps the door closed because the humidity is so high. The problem is the inside temp of the vehicle is 120-130 and the outside is like 95. So it's not cooling the 120 degree air as well as it would the 95 degree outside air. It's actually faster to go to manual mode and open the recirc door and once the inside temp matches the outside temp I close the door. It cools the car off 5 minutes faster than the factory logic. I may mod the humidity sensor in the future to make it look like 20 percent humidity at all times during the summer months.

When I get rent a cars in the south that have sat on the lot along time they are that hot inside. I normally just roll down the windows for a little while to get the extra heat out and then let the AC do it's magic. This has always worked for me. It is really pretty fast and easy.

When I added Sync 3 to my 16 I had no issues at the dealer. They even checked for updates for me.

What happens if a system update is available? Do the change in forscan need to be reverted back to stock? I am thinking about doing some forscan mods and just want to have an idea of what to expect. Especially since we can update our own sync 3 firmware, I am wondering if I should revert changes if there were to be an update.

I didn't mess with FORSCAN on my 16 when I added SYNC 3. Now I wish I would of. It is easy and fun to make changes. I'd go for it.

I have made changes on my 18 with no issues at all. There have not been any updates to SYNC 3 yet.

I didn't mess with FORSCAN on my 16 when I added SYNC 3. Now I wish I would of. It is easy and fun to make changes. I'd go for it.

I have made changes on my 18 with no issues at all. There have not been any updates to SYNC 3 yet.

What were you able to change? I too have an '18 Platinum

Seems like a lot of potential items but I cannot find comments on exactly what is successfully changed.

What were you able to change? I too have an '18 Platinum

Seems like a lot of potential items but I cannot find comments on exactly what is successfully changed.

Try looking here:

Recent FORscan database

I added heated/cooled seats to the home screen, 4 menus to the left of the speedometer (added climate), turn signal flashes to 5 from 3, added temp to the right of the speedometer.

There is a good spreadsheet by PlatinumOwner that is very helpful.

Okay, sounds like what I am wanting, SO exactly how do you go about making the changes via FORscan ?

Gotcha. But do you know if there were to be am update, what the process is regarding that?

Gotcha. But do you know if there were to be am update, what the process is regarding that?

I’ve made FORScan changes to the Sync 3 in three different vehicles and later accomplished Ford software/version updates with no problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’ve made FORScan changes to the Sync 3 in three different vehicles and later accomplished Ford software/version updates with no problems.

As a fellow Tennessean, you need to come do mine. LOL

Back