2016 - 2018 Explorer Headlight Question | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 - 2018 Explorer Headlight Question

16 Explorer Sport....I love the look of the regular led lights...the daytimes, the night, everything! however, the high beams are not LED??? Why did Ford do this and are they easy to convert? I'm a 4.947 out of a 10 on the 'mechanical aptitude scale.' I'm also a cheap *******. Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Other owners swapped out the halogen for LEDs and the results were pretty good.

16 Explorer Sport....I love the look of the regular led lights...the daytimes, the night, everything! however, the high beams are not LED??? Why did Ford do this and are they easy to convert? I'm a 4.947 out of a 10 on the 'mechanical aptitude scale.' I'm also a cheap *******. Any thoughts?
Your thread was moved to this existing thread found with the Forum's 'Search' feature. I'm happy with mine so if you're a "cheap *******", why not leave them as is?
Halogen lights, although not the same bright colour, will throw light further than LED.

Peter

Peterk9 which one did you buy and from where? Amazon?

I have changed my high beams to LED. It is an amazing difference on our 2 lane rural highway. The halogens were useless for trying to see deer and what's up ahead on the road. The LED's are very good don't know if they have quite the distance of my previous HID's but it is real close.

Which brand did you go with? How easy/difficult was it to change out? I bought a set that I just received today. I keep reading about DRL’s flickering after changing the high beams to LED’s. Is this something you’ve had any issues with?

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Back