CarPlay and SYNC 3 Nav?

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Is there a way to use both at the same time?

I like the CarPlay music better and I like using the SYNC 3 Nav since I don't use data.

Are there any FORSCAN changes to do so?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a way to use both at the same time?

I like the CarPlay music better and I like using the SYNC 3 Nav since I don't use data.

Are there any FORSCAN changes to do so?

Nope no Forscan changes. Have you tried to use Bluetooth for the audio and not Carplay? That way you get the audio from the phone and the Nav from Sync.

I have used Bluetooth for audio. I guess I'll just have to get used to Siri.

I have not checked this yet, but on the phone go to settings then general then CarPlay. Under that you should be able to select which apps show on CarPlay. Not sure if Apple maps can be deselected or not, but it is worth a few seconds to give it a shot

I tried with a 2018 Sport, iPhone and it does not work. While plugged in and using CarPlay you can press the Sound button and it gives you the option to open the apple maps app but not the Sync Navigation.

I tried with a 2018 Sport, iPhone and it does not work. While plugged in and using CarPlay you can press the Sound button and it gives you the option to open the apple maps app but not the Sync Navigation.

This is the way it was designed to work. If you have Google Maps or Waze on you Iphone you can get these to show up on the Sync screen while using CarPlay. I use these all the time when I travel, I get rental cars all the time and this has worked in all the American brands I have driven for a few years now.

If you want to remove and reorganize apps on your car screen, you have to do it using your phone. If you go to the carplay menu on your apple device you can organize them just like any folder on your phone, including "hiding" apps (you don't delete them if they're still on your phone). Found that by accident.

Back