Possibly new member long time user | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possibly new member long time user

Derek99whitesport

Reaction score
City, State
Surrey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 sport
Hello everyone
I am pretty certain I'm already a member of this forum but I have long since lost the sign-in information. The only reason I say this is because I've tried about 20 times to join with my one email address and could not so I used my other one and managed to sign up.
Anyways my name is Derek I'm a bit of an Explorer nut. I have a 99 White 2 door manual that I drive everyday for work. It's currently sitting on 33 by 12 and a half R15 tires. Warrior shackles in the back torsion twist in the front. I also have a 99 Limited with a V8 in it that I'm going to be stuffing into this white Explorer Sport. And I'm currently in the process of selling off the remaining parts of my 2005 Explorer Sport Trac which blew up a transmission. When I gutted the interior to access the tunnel to swap to a manual transmission I found rust and a couple of Fred Flintstone style holes. I guess 4 months sitting outside waiting for the transmission guy to rebuild a transmission with the sunroof open was not a good thing.
Anyways now that I can log in I can respond to some of these posts and threads out there and relay some of the information that I have managed to acquire in the last 3 years

20190328_213444.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I to have a white 99 explorer as well
Welcome to the forum

I to have a white 99 explorer as well
Welcome to the forum
I had 4 for a while there. White 2 door. Black 2 door. Green 4 door and a red sport trac :^)
The white is a manual transmission. The other 3 all had automatic transmission failures.

20190328_213444.jpg

Lol what kinda driving are you doing :)
Full throttle lol. My green one I picked up with a transmission that only had reverse. It's just holding up my 5.0L motor till I can stuff it into my white one. My 2005 Explorer Sport Trac I bought for next to nothing and 2 months into driving it it's transmission failed. The black two door sport I picked up to drive while waiting for the insurance company to settle the claim on my white one. I was in the process of selling it when the red Sport Trac ate its transmission so I went back to driving the black one till it also ate its transmission. So I stripped the front end off of it and bolted it onto my white one and swapped over all the nice fancy seats for the crappy cloth ones.

Derek, welcome. My wife drives a red 2 door.

85726-view.jpg

85726-view.jpg
Should get some lift on that thing and some big tires ;^)
I just missed out on a 1999 blue sport with a manual transmission yesterday. It has 60000 km less than my daily ride. I was thinking I could just jump in and drive that one and finally rip the engine out of this one and throw in my V8

85726-view.jpg
Now wait a minute Mike....are you saying I own a girls car ;^) lol. Kidding

I have a line on a 2003 FX4 level 2 that is in need of a new motor. As the guy who installed the 08 4.0 into my sport trac bailed on me Sunday I might pick that up and swap the motor. It is an auto but I have an M5OD HD sitting on a pallet from a 2010 ranger and a pedal assembly. Just need all the other stuff back from Rockauto.
Then I can finally install the supercharger kit i bought.

Should get some lift on that thing and some big tires
I have a set of the warrior shackles for it, I just have to install them, plus that is an older pic it has new larger tires on it.

Now wait a minute Mike....are you saying I own a girls car ;^) lol. Kidding
No, they are nice trucks, this one is her second 99, & her third Sport. We never had any kids so a 4 door Explorer was not needed & we like the look of the 2 door better.

I have a set of the warrior shackles for it, I just have to install them, plus that is an older pic it has new larger tires on it.

No, they are nice trucks, this one is her second 99, & her third Sport. We never had any kids so a 4 door Explorer was not needed & we like the look of the 2 door better.

100% agree with that. To me the proportions of the two-door are much more aesthetically pleasing than the four doors.

I offered the guy with the ranger FX4 level 2 with a blown motor $1,200. He instead took the offer from the first guy that made an offer which was $1,000.
I do not believe he understands what the term or best offer means

Sorry for you and watch your mouth this is a family site thanks

Sorry for you and watch your mouth this is a family site thanks
I guess I shouldn't disrespect the holy explorer forum in such a way.
I spent a little bit editing a pic that I was planning to use for my avatar and I was sorta irritated when I saw I couldn't set one. Never been on a forum where the profile picture is a paying-member-only option.
Is it explicitly forbidden to use vulgarities on this forum though? Could someone direct me to the rules?

I guess I shouldn't disrespect the holy explorer forum in such a way.
I spent a little bit editing a pic that I was planning to use for my avatar and I was sorta irritated when I saw I couldn't set one. Never been on a forum where the profile picture is a paying-member-only option.
Is it explicitly forbidden to use vulgarities on this forum though? Could someone direct me to the rules?
Serious Explorations Rules and FAQ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back