THIS IS LIKE BEATING A DEAD HORSE, but any info regarding any updates on My Ford Touch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

THIS IS LIKE BEATING A DEAD HORSE, but any info regarding any updates on My Ford Touch?

BobbyMarks

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT - 2012
It has been a while, a long while....:dead::feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get used to it. MFT support/updates have been weak for a while. With the removal of sedans from the market and the SYNC3 the MFT updates will probably be even less frequent. Sorry that's the way it is.

Good news is with MFT You can get NAV updates separately with a SD card.

Less frequent?? I would say - NONE!!

There is no need for the map SD card with phones now-a-days. They should stop making them.

Less frequent?? I would say - NONE!!

There is no need for the map SD card with phones now-a-days. They should stop making them.
That is assuming everyone has a capable phone. As for updates, it was said that Ford would continue to support MFT but updates only come out when there is a need for them.

Peter

That is assuming everyone has a capable phone. As for updates, it was said that Ford would continue to support MFT but updates only come out when there is a need for them.

Peter
Thanks Peter.

All development has stopped for MFT. It is very unlikely there will be any future updates.

I actually prefer MFT Navigation over maps or other nav apps on my phone but that's just me. I just hope they keep updating the SD cards. Since I enabled nav on my 2015 that didn't come with nav I probably wouldn't update unless there were features that I couldn't live without as I wouldn't want to break my nav mod.

Back