• Register Today It's free!

Great trip in the Aerostar.

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Just came up to Ohio from Florida and over 750 miles of trouble-free, fast driving(I-95 and I-77). AC worked fantastically. Going back in one week. No worries!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many miles are on your van?

I just did the oil change before I left and I think the mileage was 125,300. Then the trip added over 800 miles or so. Brooklyn,it took 13.5 hrs. of driving,with stops. Not counting the overnight at motel,of course.Going back in a week or so.

Just came up to Ohio from Florida and over 750 miles of trouble-free, fast driving(I-95 and I-77). AC worked fantastically. Going back in one week. No worries!

Performed like a Ford! I've been running the wheels off mine too. It's gone from Cincinnati to Indianapolis the last three weekends in a row.

What was the average gas mileage? What speed? Do you use 87, 89 or 91 octane?
I didn't really try to save fuel, so I'd say 18 mpg loaded pretty well. Fought a lot of wind on the way up. Kept up with traffic more than usual. I generally let off a little on the hill climbs, to save gas, but I didn't this time at all.
87 octane Marathon all the way,Brooklyn!

Performed like a Ford! I've been running the wheels off mine too. It's gone from Cincinnati to Indianapolis the last three weekends in a row.
Yep! Nothing like those Fords! It's all I run. 2 Lincoln LSes,one in FL, one in OH. 1988 F-250, 2005 Mustang Convertible V-6, and my GREAT Aerostar XL 1994 van. ALL rwd too!

What motor is in the F250 and LS?

The 88 F-250 has a 7.5L or 460 cid. The LS in FL has the jaguar 3.9 V8. The LS in Ohio has the Jaguar V-6. Both run like scalded dogs.LOL!

The 88 F-250 has a 7.5L or 460 cid. The LS in FL has the jaguar 3.9 V8. The LS in Ohio has the Jaguar V-6. Both run like scalded dogs.LOL!
The 460 has a drinking problem, it can pass anything on the road except a gas station. I'm looking for an LS with a 3.9.

My 93 F-superduty has a 460. About 6 mpg loaded or not. 300k and will still pull a house. I love that truck, it only squatted a little bit with a 5500lb forklift counterweight on the flatbed.

My roommate had an 89 F250 with a 460, it got about 6 mpg too. Now he has a 99 F350 with a 7.3 diesel. It gets 15 mpg with a heavy foot.

I loved my 7.3. 97 250 4x4 that got 21 best tank average. It has 3.27 gears. Only got that mileage once. Mostly it did about 18. Sold it to a friend who uses it to haul antique farm tractors.

Other than the superduty, I've got an 07 F550 mechanic's truck. 6.0 6 speed manual, it gets about 10 on a good day and weighs around 16.5k. Not bad milage for the weight. The SD might get a 7.3 when it's tired gasser gives up.

Yeah,it drinks it at the rate of 8 mpg loaded or not.LOL! I just use it for short trip hauling. On the 3.9 LS, Josh, be careful when you buy...…………...there are several out there that have many problems.
I run unpressurized cooling system on mine or Ida had to put in all new plastic cooling parts. I run 65% antifreeze to 35% water and haven't driven in the mountains out west where I'd probably have to tighten the pressure cap.

Going back down to Jacksonville area in a few days. Our renter's daughter died of liver failure and other complications, so we're taking care of her. She's 73 or so and not in good health either.
Looking forward to that great relaxing ride down South soon! Had hoped to have my foglights bought and installed,but never had time.

Another great trip down to FL in Aerostar. No worries. Ignition lock cyl. gave me trouble, but made it here fine. Will replace lock cyl today,probably. AC worked like new,both front and rear.

Another great trip down to FL in Aerostar. No worries. Ignition lock cyl. gave me trouble, but made it here fine. Will replace lock cyl today,probably. AC worked like new,both front and rear.

Good to hear. I just filled mine up the other day after another trip to Indianapolis. I'm running premium to combat pinging until I can reseal the intake and cure some vacuum leaks. 4.0L, extended van, 5 speed manual conversion and got 20.4 MPG. I didn't think that was all too bad.

Did you keep track of your mileage on your trip?

I'm curious about the mpg too. I'm also curious about the actual amount of fuel the gas tank holds. I've driven from phoenix to Albuquerque many times in my van and it always takes 21.5 gallons to fill up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought they have a 22 gallon tank, but I'm really not sure how big they are.

Back