Unlock Nav and activate rear camera | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unlock Nav and activate rear camera

Has anyone made these changes? Just want to confirm.

I might give it a shot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have enabled nav in motion using forscan, I'm so glad I did. Essentially you are changing the country code to another country, nothing else was effected though. I did not enable the cameras. I have a 2013 XLT

Navigation (allow while in motion) Enabled
APIM 7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxzz Enabled=7 [or 5753]
Disabled x5xx xxxx xxzz Disabled=5 [or 5553]

Navigation speed cameras
Enabled APIM 7D0-02-02 x..8 xxxx xxzz Enabled=8
Disabled x..0 xxxx xxzz Disabled=0

Is this for Sync 3? I looked at PlatinumOwner’s sheet and I am unsure a bit.

I have an 18 and want to try.

I have enabled nav in motion using forscan, I'm so glad I did. Essentially you are changing the country code to another country, nothing else was effected though. I did not enable the cameras. I have a 2013 XLT

On a sheet I saw it shuts off Sirius travel link and 911 assist. Is this true?

This feature is available on GM trucks but it's the mirror that turns into the TV screen. It's just good enough to see movement in the car behind you but not see the conversation by lip reading. It's advertised purpose was the rear hatch is blocked with cargo making in it impossible to see out back while driving forward.

I just applied the changes.

APIM 7D0-02-02 xxxx x*xx xxzz, I had 0, changed to 2 (rear defrost & trailer back up assist enabled)....not sure what this will do, so we'll see.

APIM 7D0-02-01 x*xx xxxx xxzz, I had 5, changed to 7 (Nav in motion, meaning you can do things while driving, safely of course)....I changed this back because I can confirm that it disables 911 assist. It disappeared from the SYNC 3 screen as I scrolled looking for it.

I might have to change that 2 to an 8, I just reread Ron's post from page one.

Anyone else try?

Navigation speed cameras

Does this mean front, side and rear cameras can all be viewed while in motion?

Navigation speed cameras
Tried this hoping it would allow 360 cameras operation in motion. Doesn't work on our 2018 Lincoln MKX.
Back to the drawing board.

Did you follow Ron's numbers? When I was in I tried 2 and not 8 (I think it only had enabled and disabled in the non As Build part).

I was just in a forget to try the 8 as I said I would above.

I believe
Did you follow Ron's numbers? When I was in I tried 2 and not 8 (I think it only had enabled and disabled in the non As Build part).

I was just in a forget to try the 8 as I said I would above.

I believe you just said try 2 instead of 8 to enable cameras in motion. Is that correct?

That is what I did according to the iCloud Explorer sheet.

Then I read that Ron used 8 instead.

I have not tried this yet.

That is what I did according to the iCloud Explorer sheet.

Then I read that Ron used 8 instead.

I have not tried this yet.

I used 8 on the 2018 MKX; didn't work.

Maybe it just doesn't work.

Has anyone made these changes? Just want to confirm.

I might give it a shot.

Wonder if this has worked for anyone?

Wonder if this has worked for anyone?

Haven't heard about anyone. I posted my findings above a bit. Would of been nice to use the front camera in motion. I wasn't willing to lose 911 assist.

I just changed my 2 back to 0. I noticed that when I was backing up the sensors were not seeing cars coming by like they used to before the change.

I guess that is what Trailer Backup Assist does?

Forgot about changing to an 8 again.

For rear camera viewing while driving, shift into R while driving. Electronic Transmissions have the fail safes built in to not cause harm, but the camera will pop up. Tested on 2011 Edge Limited and 2015 Explorer XLT FWD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have FORScan? You need the FORScan tool and software to modify vehicle settings.

Peter
Peter, What is your recommendation for the best Forscan OBD adapter ? Appears to be numerous options. Price is not a limiting factor. thx~Dave

Back