For Sale - Second Gen explorer front winch bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Second Gen explorer front winch bumper

I am selling a kit form winch bumper for the second gen explorer. It bolts to the factory frame mounts that get some reinforcements added. You will need to provide the mounting hardware which is grade 8 bolts. You will also need to provide a 34.5" long piece of 2 inch square tube. This is a weld together kit. If ordered between now and April 5 it will be $250 shipped in the USA. After that I will have to see what steel prices are but it will be more.

What you get:

20180326_141843 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

What will show up at your house:

20180326_163336 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

What the end product looks like:

20180214_135442 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

For more info see this thread.

Building a winch bumper for our 01 Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any chance on selling any complete bumpers already welded up? I have been having a hell of a time finding anything for 2nd gen explorers besides the brush guards that bolt on to the factory bumper.

Im sure the shipping would be a ton but I might be interested in one if you would consider it.

I haven't been able to figure out a reasonable way to ship a fully built bumper. The online quotes I get put the shipping at $275 to $350. I use the sizes 70x30x20 with a weight of 100 pounds. Shipping is from 93722 if you want to see what you can find. Unwelded I can ship everything but the tube and bolts for $28.

I haven't been able to figure out a reasonable way to ship a fully built bumper. The online quotes I get put the shipping at $275 to $350. I use the sizes 70x30x20 with a weight of 100 pounds. Shipping is from 93722 if you want to see what you can find. Unwelded I can ship everything but the tube and bolts for $28.

Matt, the only way to do something that size is by pallet. But that really becomes a pain, if you're not set up for this.

Shipping it the way you are is perfect. It's cheaper to find someone to weld it up on the other side.

I appreciate the reply and completely understand it being a pain to ship something this large but figured I would ask.

There really isnt much out there for 2nd gen bumper and I am just not setup to weld that much metal currently but would love to have one of those bumpers.

I live in a small ski town near Aspen, Colorado and everything costs twice as much including welding. I was quoted $150 an hour or $650 a day for basic fabrication and I just cant swing that kind of money for a bumper to be assembled.

The problem with trying craigslist to find a welder / fabricator is you never know what kind of work you are going to get.

Looks like I am stuck with my stock bumper for the time being.

Maybe someone could bring one to Moab in June:dunno:

Do you have any side profile pics? And a pic from above where the winch would mount? Thanks.

still avail?? Thanks Rockranger!!!
Give me price shipped to 83852

$325 shipped. I just moved though so it will be about a month till I can make more. Will work on getting more pictures.

I UNDERSTAND THAT!! WE moved two families 1200 miles in the middle of winter, been here 6 months just getting shop setup. I will show this to my stepson who is looking to do a bumper on his 98
Thanks

I UNDERSTAND THAT!! WE moved two families 1200 miles in the middle of winter, been here 6 months just getting shop setup. I will show this to my stepson who is looking to do a bumper on his 98
Thanks

Where did you move to? You have been MIA for a while. Good to see you back around here.

North Idaho panhandle, 60 miles from Canada back in the woods next to a river off grid :)

Let me know when one is avail we will order one of those bumpers and install on his wife's 98 custom Explorer!

Whenever you get a chance for pics is fine. I need some recovery points up front and your bumper kit looks top notch. I haven't decided if I want a winch and some of the winch bumpers stick out incredibly far which is why I was curious how funky it looks from the side.

Any chance you're still making these?

My welds are garbage, but I'm checking to see if my friend has the bandwidth to weld this kit up for me.

Just need to get the Navajo wrapped up and we can plan a weekend for me to come up and fabricate a first gen version, so you start selling them.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UIKRySY.jpg

be curious on a 1st gen one, or at-least a rear bumper , this is my current one i built(1st bumper i built) with a 3" body lift, going to change some things up on it when i do the SAS, but i just ordered his 2nd gen kit for my 97, can wait to put it on,

Back