Explorer 2013 front driver side louver handle cap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2013 front driver side louver handle cap

gabik

Reaction score
City, State
Tel Aviv
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT 2013
Hi guys,

On my Explorer 2013 XLT I am missing the louver handle cap for the driver side vent, see pictures attached.

I could not find the part on Ebay/ my dealer / Google.
Does anyone know where can I buy it instead of buying the whole louver?

In the 1st pic you can see the handle with the missing cap, the 2nd one is the whole handle with the cap for comparison.

Thanks

IMG_20190608_183902.jpg

IMG_20190608_183911.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Although I dont have mine any longer, I think it will literally just pop out and new one snap back in.

Hopefully someone else may know and chime in.

I'm guessing that you checked the interior, under the seats etc to see if the piece was hiding somewhere. It doesn't look like an item that would just disappear.:)

Peter

I bought the car like that :p

Hi guys,

On my Explorer 2013 XLT I am missing the louver handle cap for the driver side vent, see pictures attached.

I could not find the part on Ebay/ my dealer / Google.
Does anyone know where can I buy it instead of buying the whole louver?

In the 1st pic you can see the handle with the missing cap, the 2nd one is the whole handle with the cap for comparison.

Thanks

View attachment 171065
View attachment 171066

Hello, were you able to find instructions on replacing the whole thing? I have a similar issue and would like to replace but not sure how to install new louver??? Please help if anyone has done this?!

Not yet.
I'll contact a friend which works with the dealer next week for instructions, I'll keep you posted

Welcome to the Forum Jnetscar.:wave:
In the 9 years I've been here I don't recall anyone posting about replacing this item and now there are 2 posts about it.:)
Good luck.

Peter

Back