2020 reviews are starting to roll in | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 reviews are starting to roll in

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 King Ranch 4wd 3.0T

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Autoblog article incorrectly referred to the 2020 as the 5th generation. Nice reviews.

Peter

The Autoblog article incorrectly referred to the 2020 as the 5th generation. Nice reviews.

Peter
Not surprising. The CNET review said the hybrid had a 33kwh battery when it only has a 1.3 kwh battery. I think they were confusing the power output of the battery/motor with the capacity.

Also, I blame Lincoln for this, outlets keep reporting the Aviator as having 400 left of torque instead of 415 which is the same as the ST. Heck one of the Lincoln trainers said 400 during an event at my local dealer even though that was after Lincoln published the final numbers.

Not surprising. The CNET review said the hybrid had a 33kwh battery when it only has a 1.3 kwh battery. I think they were confusing the power output of the battery/motor with the capacity.

Also, I blame Lincoln for this, outlets keep reporting the Aviator as having 400 left of torque instead of 415 which is the same as the ST. Heck one of the Lincoln trainers said 400 during an event at my local dealer even though that was after Lincoln published the final numbers.

The Aviator does only have 400 torque. Only the ST gets the 415.

Thank you for correcting. That's really weird because I always had 400 and 400 in my head for Lincoln (following the 3.0 currently with Lincoln). Wondering if I just had read it earlier in a publication and they were wrong too.
It was there marketing. They always said "at least 400 hp and 400 lbft" just like they are saying "at least 450 hp and 600 lbft" for the GT. Plus the 400/400 was what the Continental and MkZ were rated at.

Thanks but that doesn't do any color justice. I do not like computer generated colors. I need to see real world pics to get the true color. No different then going to Ford.com and changing the color on the same exact computer model.

That magnetic is not magnetic. This is what magnetic looks like...

Computer image:
expl_20_magnetic_1_o.jpg

Real Color:

2019-ford-explorer-xlt-magnetic-metallic-13.jpg

And outside

2.jpg

I'm not sure but aren't there guidelines for paint colors? Because of things like dupli-colors, if Ford uses the name magnetic doesn't it have to be the same color as all their other 'magnetic gray'?

Plus, depending on the white balance of the camera and how your monitor is calibrated, the colors are never going to match. Case in point is the color difference between your 2nd and 3rd pic.

Plus, plus, there is also the whole idea of paint batches being slightly different colors.

Maybe I don't understand what you are getting at... I thought the question was more 'if' the 2020 will be available in magnetic gray.

..........Maybe I don't understand what you are getting at... I thought the question was more 'if' the 2020 will be available in magnetic gray.
If you are referring to post #6, I believe blwnsmoke is saying that he hasn't seen any Explorer in Magnetic in any of the video reviews that have been posted here to date. The Explorer he ordered (reordered) is in the Magnetic colour.

Peter

If you are referring to post #6, I believe blwnsmoke is saying that he hasn't seen any Explorer in Magnetic in any of the video reviews that have been posted here to date. The Explorer he ordered (reordered) is in the Magnetic colour color.

Peter

Is that a Canadian thing?? :laugh::laugh:

And yes, that is exactly what I meant.

It's English English. Not American English that our neighbours use.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back